OSP EngineerWant to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for an OSP Engineer for our client in New York, NY.
Job Number: 19-03210
Job Number: 19-03210
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The candidate will also troubleshoot alerts generated by various network management and security tools and will help in providing 24/7 coverage for the computing and telecommunications infrastructure that is managed by the Information Technologies Planning Department.
- The primary responsibility of an OSP Fiber Cable Engineer includes the construction and maintenance of fiber cable plant infrastructure, design, engineering, and provides route analysis of underground & aerial fiber optic installations
- The OSP Engineer is responsible for designing detailed engineering plans, costs and schedules related to the projects. Ensure that the infrastructure is implemented as designed
- They should have an in-depth understanding of outside plant facilities such as cable sizing, cable counts, and cable records
- The engineer will look into the drawings of all underground and above ground elements and proposed work
- The Outside Plant Fiber Cable Engineer is responsible to provide the bill of materials for the inner duct, fiber cable, fiber cable storage, splice closures, and overhead cable attachments
- The engineer will have to record and process the database updates of fiber cable installation, splicing requirements, test results, and As Built.
- The engineer will supervise, monitor and manage the fiber splicing vendor and will evaluate and approve the fiber splicing test results and characteristics
- The Outside Plant Engineer will provide immediate assistance and support to Communication Operations for the operation and maintenance of the fiber cable infrastructure.
- Candidate must be able to participate in a wide variety of telecommunications application projects. These projects will utilize our Company's private fiber network called the Corporate Communication Transmission Network (CCTN) and support the deployment of DWDM, MPLS, SONET, and Wireless/RF Infrastructure.
- Candidate will also need experience with design and construction of Information Technology communication rooms and huts which includes ladder racks, relay racks, DC power plant, SONET, DWDM, and MPLS equipment. The candidate will be responsible for designing detailed engineering plans, costs and project timelines.
- The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate.
- At least 5 years or more telecommunication and networking related experience required of candidate.
- Must have project management and field experience designing, installing, supervising, and coordinating installation of network equipment, DC power plant, and OSP fiber cable.
- Experience with communications test sets and methodologies, including bit error rate testing, protocol analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and OTDR.
- General knowledge of LAN/WAN architectures switches, routing devices and protocols.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple projects in the office and in the field as necessitated by business requirements.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested you may contact:
Heckle Tulab | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.