Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for an Oracle DBA for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The successful candidate will be part of a team that will implement Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) throughout the company.
- The candidate will install Oracle software, maintain databases across multiple platforms, perform modifications to databases, enforce database security, maintain database backup/recovery procedures, migrate database changes, engage in capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning, and manage highly-available production database instances for corporate systems.
- Off-hour support is required for production problem resolution, scheduled production database migrations, upgrades and patching
- Must have a strong customer focus and possess excellent technical, listening, documentation and communication skills
- Must possess the skills and ability to learn quickly, see the bigger picture from detailed facts, assimilate new concepts and think analytically
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or related discipline is required, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of Oracle database administration experience is required
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meeting deadlines
- Must have experience administrating Oracle databases on Linux platforms
- Must have in-depth knowledge of backup and recovery techniques, experience writing SQL code, performance tuning, database security, patching and planning for Disaster Recovery
- Must be proficient in the use of Enterprise Manager Grid Control and have the experience writing scripts using Perl, Korn Shell and PL/SQL
- ORACLE DB and RAC
- Storage technology and capacity planning
- Experience with Data Guard standby databases
- Experience managing physical and logical standby database
- Experience with GoldenGate
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Advanced Metering Infrastructure applications
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Henry Zuniga at email@example.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.