New York City
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The successful candidate will be part of a team that supports the Gas Central (gas work management) project, and other corporate Oracle databases.
- The candidate will install Oracle software, maintain databases across multiple platforms, perform modifications to databases, enforce database security, maintain database backup/recovery procedures, migrate database schema changes, engage in capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning, and manage highly-available production database instances for corporate systems.
Skills & Requirements
- Position is for an Oracle DBA. In order to be considered, all applicants should have permanent residency and work authorization.
- A minimum of 5 years of Oracle database administration experience is required. Candidate must be able to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meeting deadlines.
- The candidate must have experience administrating Oracle databases on Exadata, Linux and Windows platforms.
- Candidate must be proficient in version 12C, the use of Enterprise Manager Grid Control, have hands on experience managing RAC databases and Data Guard standby databases, have in-depth knowledge of SQL coding, and experience writing Korn Shell scripts.
- Candidate must have an understanding of how to diagnose and troubleshoot performance issues and provide technical options including associated risks to resolve issues.
- Candidate must have a proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively, with internal business, technical teams, vendors and consultants, and the ability to take directions and plan and execute independently or with minimal guidance.
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal, communication and documentation skills.
- Candidate must be available to work weekends and overtime, if necessary.
The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate.
- Application development experience including Agile
- Working with Perl and VBS scripts
- Golden Gate
- Applying Oracle security patches
- Storage technology and capacity planning
- Managing physical and logical standby databases
- SQL Server
- Word and Excel
- Project Management
- Team leadership
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact Anne Amorsolo at Anne@eclaro.com / 201-375-9082 now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.