Job Number: 19-03753
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Oracle DBA for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This position is for Oracle DBA and as a Database administrator, will be part of a dynamic team that administers and manages complex database systems.
- Will be part of a team that will implement Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) throughout the company.
- Will install Oracle software, maintain databases across multiple platforms, perform modifications to databases, enforce database security, maintain database backup and recovery procedures, migrate database changes, engage in capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning, and manage highly-available production database instances for corporate systems.
- Off-hour support is required for production problem resolution, scheduled production database migrations, upgrades and patching.
- These databases are critical to the efficient operation of the systems used by various business entities throughout Client.
- The responsibilities that come with this position include evaluating existing processes for possible refinement and working with development teams.
- Create, manage and monitor performance and tuning of databases.
- Responsible for data warehousing design, data architecture strategy design and capacity planning.
- Primary on the most complex or escalated issues and may provide direction and guidance team members.
- Has excellent communication skills and will be required to interface with application developers, managers, directors, technology and planning personnel, and business users throughout the company.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or related discipline is required, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of Oracle database administration experience is required.
- Must have a strong customer focus and possess excellent technical, listening, documentation and communication skills.
- Must possess the skills and ability to learn quickly, see the bigger picture from detailed facts, assimilate new concepts and think analytically.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meeting deadlines.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of backup and recovery techniques, experience writing SQL code, performance tuning, database security, patching and planning for Disaster Recovery.
- Must be proficient in the use of Enterprise Manager Grid Control and have the experience writing scripts using Perl, Korn Shell and PL/SQLM
- Must have experience administrating Oracle databases on Linux platforms.
- Knowledge of Advanced Metering Infrastructure applications
- Extensive experience managing Cluster Databases.
- Storage technology and capacity planning, highly required.
- Experience with Data Guard databases.
- Experience with carrying out DR operations.
- Experience managing physical and logical standby database
- Experience working with Golden Gate
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Experience with ExaData and ExaLogic.
- Needs to have good experience with planning in scope of highly demanded storage and resource requirements.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Henry Zuniga | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary