Job Number: 20-09020
Job Number: 20-09020
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Operations Technician for our client in Topeka, KS.
Eclaro’s client is a leading consumer products company with a global presence. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Operations Technician is responsible for the effective operation, repair and changeovers of production equipment.
- This position will work with others to achieve factory business objectives of safety, productivity, customer service, quality, cost and environmental protection.
- The primary accountabilities of the role include safety compliance, daily production, quality and sanitization procedures, equipment maintenance procedures, data collection, housekeeping, problem solving and continuous improvement as part of a work team.
- The Operations Technician works within a structure that requires considerable interaction with others in the same production unit as well as other production units and support functions.
- Operates, monitors, and performs changeovers and maintenance of automated and manual equipment throughout the production facility through computer terminals, control panels and/or by manual means.
- Develops and maintains production schedules to ensure production systems are managed in an effective, reliable and efficient manner.
- Unloads materials and supplies from delivery vehicles and delivers those materials and supplies to storage and production areas as needed.
- Performs quality sampling and statistical process control activities both manually and through computer keyboard throughout the manufacturing process.
- Troubleshoots and performs repairs and other maintenance on production equipment, supported by maintenance personnel as needed.
- Prepares and loads finished product for shipping using SAP software system and working with local warehouse and distribution network employees.
- Operates forklift, robotic palletizer, stretch wrapper & other warehousing equipment.
- Performs Housekeeping activities as per established protocol and conducts/participates in area housekeeping assessments per requirement.
- Understands and is accountable for full compliance with safety and other EOHS requirements.
- Understands and is accountable for following all Quality, GMP, AIB and Micro [C&S Guidelines] standards and guidelines.
- Works with other employees and management on continuous improvement projects and process design.
- Meets business needs by flexing scheduled work hours or contributing additional work hours when needed.
- Understands and complies with Hill's policies, safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety.
- Identifies and reports Food Safety issues to management.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing technical issues.
- Food safety experience.
- Fork Lift experience.
- Experience with SAP.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer/computer systems.
- Tolerance for food processing smells and a dusty, non-climate controlled work environment.
- Teamwork and strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed with strong results-oriented attitude.
- Ability to clearly and effectively express ideas
If interested, you may contact:
Cedric Ceballo | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.