Operational Risk & Control Specialist
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for an Operational Risk & Control Specialist for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Chair monthly risk reviews with the line of business you support
- Challenge the line of business on their controls and evidence of control design & effectiveness
- Review and assess all operational events generated by your line of business, identifying thematic where appropriate
- Review/approve the raising & remediation for audit issues (including self-identified)
- Review the Risk self-assessment by the line of business
- Proactive Risk Partner for the line of business head
- Deep dive investigations of significant risk and control issues
- Understand and communicate impact on line of business of all relevant enterprise/regulatory led initiatives
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills
- Control mindset
- High sense of urgency with ability to drive results
- Demonstrable evidence of stakeholder management
- Effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Self-starter, able to establish relationships and transcend multiple cross-functional/divisional boundaries, largely unaided
- Ability to handle diverse workload and tight schedules
- Strong risk assessment, negotiation and problem resolution skills
- Ability to lead and drive change
- Some experience of Trade support/Operations and/or related support functions, including good understanding of the end to end trade lifecycle and the associated processes within the support functions
- Some experience of operational risk
- Proven ability to apply strategic thinking to multiple, complex organizational and business issues, and has ability to translate into practical plans for project execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Ability to work across business groups and in a team environment
- Project management (typically as part of a wider role)
- Ability to interface across various levels within Trade support, Technology, Operations, Finance and FO
- High proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Interested in applying? Contact Adrian Miranda at Adrian.Miranda@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.