Onsite VMware Engineer
Onsite VMware Engineer
Job Number: 21-15725
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Onsite VMware Engineer for our client in Lexington, MA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Our client has a 12+ month contract onsite role in Lexington, MA for a VMware Administrator
- In-depth knowledge and experience on VMware ESX and ESXi (5.x, 6.x, 7.x) hypervisors installation and administration.
- In depth troubleshooting skills in VCenter, ESX and ESXi hosts, Networking and storage.
- Capacity planning skill for virtual hosts and VMs.
- Experience on planning, deploying and maintain VMware vSphere environments.
- Experience in consolidation and upgrade.
- VM deployment skills form Templates and OVA/OVF.
- P2 V and V 2V conversion skills.
- VMware integrated backup and restore solutions.
- Citrix experience is a plus and is experience with Nutanix.
- In-depth knowledge and experience on Windows server operating systems (Windows 2019,2016, 2012, 2008) management and administration.
- Active Directory experience.
- O365 Administration experience.
- High-level trouble shooting skill required on OS related issues, which include memory dump analysis skills and performance tuning.
- In-depth knowledge and experience on server security hardening with includes patching, antivirus, PKI infrastructure and IPSec encryptions.
- Good knowledge on Microsoft clustering and NLB services.
- Experience on designing Server infrastructure.
- Good knowledge on storage and networking which help to design server.
- Good control on windows command line tools and power shell/VB scripting.
- Working experience on Windows infrastructure services like FTP, Telnet, DNS and DHCP etc.
- Good knowledge on Microsoft licensing for Servers, Terminal services etc.
- 5 to 8 years information technology experience VMware and Windows administration.
- Exposure to ITIL processes such as incident, change, problem and change management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A solid team player who can work individually as well as collaboratively.
- Effective and clear communication skills, with ability to describe complex technical scenarios in a concise manner with confidence to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Willingness to learn quickly, a can-do attitude and motivated to succeed and grow.
- Certificates and Licenses: Microsoft, Cisco, and VMware certifications are highly preferred.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
June Binuya | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.