Be part of the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Network/Systems Engineer for our client in Scottsdale, AZ.
Eclaro’s client is one of the largest Insurance Brokerage and Consulting Firms in the United States. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
We are looking for someone with some Networking and Systems Engineering experience to help integrate newly acquired offices. This Engineer will install our switches, firewalls, WAPs, and configure VLANS. They will also setup servers in an AD environment. This Engineer will travel to various offices and demonstrate troubleshooting competency, deliver mission critical infrastructure, and ensure the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. The ability to interact with customers is essential.
Network Engineer responsibilities
- Switches, Routers, Firewalls, and other miscellaneous network hardware and related equipment
- LAN Switching at L2 and LAN/WAN Routing at L3
- LAN to LAN VPNs including legacy MPLS and SD WAN
- Perimeter Security (Firewall & IDS)
- Network/Systems: maintain equipment inventory, understand best practices on networking and server equipment in regards to patching and life cycle management
- Manage and maintain documentation of all systems and processes in scope
- Plan, execute and maintain system security initiatives and the reporting of events relating to the security of the infrastructure.
Systems Engineer Responsibilities
- Installing, configuring, maintaining operating systems, application software, and system management tools
- Travel to various offices to conduct Site surveys and document hardware systems, software, and infrastructure.
- Be able to define the work effort necessary to bring these systems onto the NFP Network.
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability and security
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and business continuity strategie
- Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills, and/or Ability:
- Strong ability to organize and manage multiple tasks utilizing effective time management skills
- 10+ years’ experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows operating system, Windows Server, Active Directory, and GPOs
- Works effectively with all levels of internal technology team, end-users and management as well as 3rd party partners and vendors
- Professional attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong customer service focus
- Excellent listening skills and ability to dissect problems quickly, proactively disseminating information to the team, and escalating when appropriate
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations in a calm and collected manner
- Advanced and broad technical knowledge of IT Hardware and Software systems
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of applications
- Experience with virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Understanding of monitoring systems (PRTG, Nagios)
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize projects
- Ability to work with a Distributed team
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Outstanding time management and problem solving skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time. Ability to lift, carry, install networking equipment up to 50 lbs.
- 4 year Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Computer engineering or related field preferred.
- 5+ years experience in systems administration or consulting role in Microsoft, Cisco, or Fortinet based infrastructure
- 3+ years experience executing infrastructure projects as primary technical lead
- 3+ years experience managing firewall, security, and intrusion prevention solutions
License / Certification:
One or more of the following certifications preferred: A+ or equivalent, Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco CCNA, Network+, Security+, Fortinet or similar.
- Interested in applying? Contact Maria Fe Navarro at Maria.Navarro@eclaro or you may also contact 513-725-0112.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.