Network Security Engineer
Network Security Engineer
Job Number: 20-06232
Job Number: 20-06232
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Network Security Engineer for our client in Lehi, UT.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Who We Are:
- Our customer's Information Technology operations team is focused on providing superior services to employees and enabling them to productive.
- They take pride in being operationally efficient and providing self-serving/self-resolving solutions to customers.
- They're globally distributed in multiple time zones to provide round-the-clock coverage, and their goal is to provide uninterrupted services to their customers with minimal reactive and mostly proactive identification and delivery of services.
- Who We Need:
- The customer's IT team is looking for an experienced network security engineer who can use technical knowledge to analyze/implement and respond to business related change requests from internal users on multiple security technologies.
- They are looking for someone who can review and perform changes on multiple security platforms in an organized manner.
- Should understand configuring/reviewing relevant alerts on security platforms and be able to take appropriate actions based on alerts seen.
- Someone who can learn quickly about the existing environment, serve as contact for implementing critical and complex user requests, document the changes and troubleshoot issues when required.
- The person would also be responsible for developing and documenting work processes & train other team members when required.
- Always willing to learn new skills and areas to expand knowledge and effectiveness in supporting business.
- A problem solver who thrives in handling multiple priorities.
- Support, troubleshoot, configure, manage, and upgrade FW, WAF and a wide variety of other security products.
- Review requests related to new firewall policy requests & implement approved firewall policy change requests.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems, using strong TCP/IP networking skills.
- Respond to inbound requests via phone and other electronic means for technical assistance with managed devices.
- Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA) to configuration, maintenance, incident management, and other requests.
- Document actions in ticketing system to effectively communicate information internally and to customers.
- Respond to needs and questions of customers concerning their access to network resources through their managed device.
- Troubleshoot and resolve connectivity problems independently and understand escalation procedures.
- Resolve issues related to:
- Firewall policies
- NAT policies
- Application identification issues [App-ID]
- Logging and Monitoring
- Network performance
- Would need to extract logs related to various platforms from Splunk.
- Create custom documentation for internal needs.
- Attend vendor-specific meetings and conferences for business and professional development.
- Responsible for testing and configuring new products and technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Industry Certifications:
- Strongly preferred:
- CCIE [Security]
- A minimum of 5-6 years recent experience on Information Security teams in a large-scale enterprise environments, preferably in a High-Tech and cloud facing company.
- At least 3 of these years must include hands-on technical support responsibility.
- Work experience must include working in a complex environment including global 24X7 and multi-geographical environment.
- Significant experience with Network Firewalls, Routers and Switches, Linux and Windows OS, and other Network Operating Systems required
- Solid fundamentals and deep understanding of IPV4/IPV6 networks, (TCP/IP), NAT, Network Routing including BGP, OSPF, and Network Access/policy controls.
- Implementing Security/Access policies for technology areas below:
- Palo Alto Networks (Firewall, Wildfire, URL filtering, etc.),
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Implementation and usage of Enterprise Logging and Monitoring solutions required – e.g. Splunk
- Admin/Management of following platforms:
- Palo Alto Networks Panorama,
- F5 WAF,
- Firewall Analyzers/Change Management (Tufin/AlgoSec/FireMon)
- Up to date on latest computing/technology trends and security practices
- Expertise in application of ITIL methodology. Understand and experience with best practices for Operational support, automation and technology management
- Hands-on exposure to:
- Juniper Networks [SRX Firewalls],
- Palo Alto Firewalls,
- F5 WAF,
- SSL/Certificate Management [Digicert, Symantec],
- IDP Providers (Okta, RSA SecureID etc.),
- End-Point Security solutions like CarbonBlack
- Cisco Client
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jeanine Hastings | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.