Network Operations Engineer
Progress on your journey to success! Eclaro is looking for a Network Operations Engineer for our client in Wall Street, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a global firm that provides superior infrastructure management and financial services to their clients via low-latency networking and advanced technologies. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!The Network Operations Engineer will be responsible for the smooth running and stability of their client and internal systems infrastructure, investigating and resolving issues as they arise while thinking of ways to reduce common problems and monitoring critical systems. This is a customer facing role, with the individual responsible for delivering quality service and support to our current and future client base. Besides your day to day activities, there will also be opportunities for you to be involved in projects and innovation.
- Provide support service that ensure the infrastructure services are running to its optimum performance and that all departmental key performance indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met
- Ensure stability of all their System Services
- Deliver an outstanding level of service to your Customer base
- Maximizing availability of their infrastructure through continuous improvement and proactive, preventative maintenance
- Ensure that all procedures and policies are up to date and are available for use by all members of the team
- Using scripts and automation, support deployment and maintenance of applications and system settings
- Recording and taking ownership of issues using our in-house ticketing system through to successful resolution
- Conduct deep dive analysis to determine root cause of technical issues
- Managing daily infrastructure audits and checks
- Work with internal and external auditors
- Provide on call or out of hours' support as the business requires
- Interface with vendors, market participants, and financial exchanges
Interested in applying?
- Computer Science / applicable degree, or equivalent work experience is required
- 6 - 10 years of experience in an operational environment
- Experience in a financial industry support role preferred
- Self-starter with a drive to develop own skills and knowledge
- Experience with Linux and Windows
- CCNP – CCIE Certified
- Experience with monitoring systems to configuration level e.g. Nagios, SolarWinds
- Experience working on network equipment in an ISP style environment or a large NOC – preferable
- Experience with Juniper, Arista, and/or Cisco hardware and software
- Understanding of JIRA as a ticketing system
- Experience supporting JVM/.Net based applications
- Experience scripting in Bash, Python, Ruby, and/or Perl
- FIX Protocol
- Strong understanding of the following technologies:
- Firewalls (VPNs, Policies)
- Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Multicast Routing (IGMP, PIM)
- NAT (Static, Dynamic)
Contact Dulce Montalan at Dulce@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.