Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Network Engineer for our client in Reston, VA.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, support and maintain hardware and software infrastructure according to industry best practices, including routers, switches, vm ware, ids and firewalls.
- Perform network (data, vm ware and security) design and integration.
- Diagnose problems and solve issues, often under time constraints.
- Provide network and host based security, incident response, firewall and VPN management and administration.
- Assist in the development of guidelines and procedures for administration and security best practices.
- Provide network documentation.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Monitor network usage, anticipate problems solutions and suggestion.
- Manage projects and maintenance tasks in (ticketing system).
- Work closely with colleagues to meet team project timeline.
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 network switching/routing
- First Hop Routing Protocols such as HSRP and VRRP
- Configure and troubleshoot dynamic routing protocols OSPF and BGP
- Travel to Sterling, Richmond and other remote locations are required.
- Occasionally candidate needs to work after hours and weekend for network maintenance, troubleshooting and project deadline.
- Must be able to participate in 24x7x365 on call Operation.
- Deploy and Support Cisco Unified Communications technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical degree
- 3+ years of experience as a Network Engineer in a large multiple data centers environment
- Working knowledge of multi-area OSPF environments and BGP
- Experience supporting high performance networks using Cisco hardware
- Expert knowledge in Cisco Nexus 2000, 5000, 7000 and 9000 configuration.
- Expert knowledge in Cisco Nexus technologies of vPC, VDC and 10G technologies
- Expert knowledge Cisco 2900, 3700 and 4900 series switches
- Knowledge in NetScreen, sRX, Palo Alto and Cisco ASA firewall configuration.
- Knowledge in Solarwind
- Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP, Layer 2 and 3 switching, Cisco IOS and NX-OS
- Proven effective communications and interpersonal skills
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact Jeanine Hastings at 646-755-9303, or email email@example.com to discuss and apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.