Job Number: 22-00184
Job Number: 22-00184
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Network Engineer for our client in Bloomington, IA.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This position plans, directs, and coordinates the design, installation, operations, maintenance and connectivity of the LAN and WAN, voice communications, and wireless to ensure the stable operation of the organization's IT systems
- This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. Serves as a resource for less experienced team members in training and knowledge transfer
- Assists with research and makes recommendations on network products, services, protocols and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts
- Establishes and maintains regular written and in-person communications with the organization's decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities
- Assists in planning, acquiring and coordinating installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization's network
- Helps establish service level agreements with end users and third party vendors
- Provides "ownership” of problem through final resolution
- Assists in assessing, approving and administering all network equipment, hardware, and software upgrades
- Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation
- Provides assistance in managing and ensuring effectiveness of performance of network solutions, including routers, switches, wireless, UPSs etc.
- Maintains effectiveness of security solutions including firewalls, anti-virus solutions and intrusion detection systems
- Tests network performance and provides network performance statistics and reports; develops strategies for maintaining network infrastructure
- Tests server performance and provides network performance statistics and reports; develops strategies for maintaining server infrastructure
- Assists in maintaining a complete network test lab to test changes and hardware prior to implementation on the production network
- Manages optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, wireless, UPSs etc.
- Assists in monitoring and analyzing the organization's networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
- 5+ years of direct experience with multi-platform enterprise environments
- Cisco Certified Network associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified network professional (CCNP) required
- Advanced knowledge of current protocols and standards, including core switching/routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, virtualization, business continuity, disaster recovery
- Advanced knowledge in Cisco Products, including switches, routers, wireless controllers, and firewalls
- Advanced knowledge of LAN/WAN Technologies
- Advanced knowledge of software-defined networking
- Advanced knowledge of Application Centric Infrastructure
- VOIP telephone system support is highly desirable
- Strong organizational, decision making, and written/verbal communication skills. Presentation skills for one-on-one and/or group presentations
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to translate highly technical information into nontechnical terms
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques and protocols
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation of complex systems
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving, decision making and organizational skills
If interested, you may contact:
Tim Cusick | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.