JobDiva # 20-07871
JobDiva # 20-07871
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Network Engineer for our client in Playa Vista, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Network Engineer will be part of a team responsible for delivering corporate network services for data center and branch offices in a mission-critical enterprise.
- The role will encompass engineering, delivery, operational support, performance management, network analysis, metric reporting, and administration for the enterprise network.
- This is a mid-level role within a team of senior design and delivery network engineers.
- Opportunity exists for the candidate to specialize expertise in network programmability, cloud, data center, backbone, security, and/or wireless areas.
- Configure and maintain network gear
- Capacity planning, performance tuning, and configuration optimization
- Planning and execution of changes, assessing and mitigating risks
- Provision new services, migrate existing services, circuits, etc.
- Conduct feasibility, impact, and cost studies, develop solution options
- Highest level operational support, triage, break/fix, incident resolution
- Drawing diagrams, producing solution (physical and logical) documentation
- Develop and evaluate network performance criteria and measurement methodology
- Consistent configuration and deployment of network services aligned to architectural standards
- Use of network tools for administration, maintenance, automation, and visualization/reporting
- Conduct economic and population growth studies to determine impact on network capacity and development plan projections
- 2 + year hands-on experience in delivery, provisioning and/or troubleshooting of networks.
- Advanced understanding of OSI Reference model, IETF TCP/IP suite, and typical implementations.
- Basic understanding of OSPF and BGP routing protocols for routed protocols IPv4/IPv6.
- Good understanding of the hierarchical network and next gen firewall platforms architectures.
- Associate level certification (i.e. CCNA)
- Professional level certification (i.e. CCNP) and/or intent to pursue/maintain
- Associate level certification (i.e. CCNA Wireless or CWNA)
- Programming or development experience, at a minimum in scripts Windows/Unix scripting preference toward Python, or full programming language working knowledge.
- Knowledge of intent-based networking solutions
- Experience of Software Defined Networking and network controllers
- Understanding of APIs and the use of YANG, NETCONF, RESTCONF
- Working knowledge of SD-WAN solutions, for example, Viptela and Talari
- Be a true engineer: Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for continuous learning and development: Willingness and desire to learn, appetite for understanding new things, have an insatiable curiosity.
- Be passionate about network technology; demonstrate awareness of industry trends/direction.
- Possess a working knowledge of cloud deployment models e.g. Public, Private, Community, Hybrid
- Good understanding of different vendor cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience of cloud automation and orchestration e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Knowledge of common cloud characteristics e.g. on-demand self-service, elasticity, multi-tenancy
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Good knowledge of 2 Tier, 3 Tier and spine-leaf architecture
- Good knowledge network virtualization
- Good understanding of the components and operations of Cisco virtual switches
- Understanding of SDN, network function virtualization, OpenDaylight
- Understanding of the concepts of overlays e.g. OTV, VXLAN
- Good understanding of data, control, and management planes
- Practical and conceptual knowledge of routing and switching technology, static and dynamic routing protocols, network planes, etc.
- Fundamental working knowledge of Cisco routing and switching technologies including Catalyst and Nexus switching, and ISR/ASR routing platforms.
- Practical and conceptual knowledge of network firewall behaviour, features, capabilities.
- Fundamental knowledge of Cisco firewalling, RAS VPNs, Palo Alto or Juniper SRX
- Basic proficiency of next generation firewalls (i.e. Palo Alto or Fortinet).
- Proficiency with next gen firewalls feature sets like (User-ID, IPS, DLP, etc)
- Good knowledge of Cisco Wireless, AP's, RF science. Use of the Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of Cisco Client/Client for AAA services.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Tim Cusick | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity anddoes not discriminate based onRace, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.