Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Network Engineer for our client in Baltimore, MD.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Position Overview: Under general direction, oversee the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network backbone infrastructures (inclusive of wireless technologies) of moderate complexity. The scope of this position typically affects the delivery of campus backbone network resources for a large number of local and wide-area connected buildings.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation requires evaluation and judgment.
- Provides in-depth troubleshooting skills to determine root cause for complex network related issues, such as routing loops, spanning tree, degraded performance, physical link integrity, etc.
- Assists in the planning of large scale network projects through vendor comparison, cost studies, and technical feasibility studies.
- Follows and/or develops written project plans for projects of moderate to high complexity.
- May take lead role in defining specifications for a new or enhanced network based service offering.
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering. May be required to provide presentations on designs, plans, and/or solutions.
- Configure network devices such as: routers, switches, csu/dsus, content management switches, caching devices, wireless controllers, access points, etc.
- May configure and maintain network related systems that run Windows, Linux, or Unix as an operating system.
- Follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations involving readily identifiable problems.
- May mentor other staff positions, such as a Network Analysts, Network Technician or Network Engineer.
- May take on role of a Project Leader for a school-wide assignment.
- Will be required to participate in on-call responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree
- Four years of related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for experience.
- Additional experience may substitute for education.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jeanine Hastings | LinkedIn
Job Status: Contract/Temporary