Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Network Engineer for our client in San Diego, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Minimal element of Design, develops, and implements network systems (This role will be mostly operations, and minimal design)
- Provides high-level enterprise network support: resolves problems and answer questions related to the network
- Contacts vendor and carrier support when necessary to resolve network problems and/or outages
- Ensures that the network is running at optimum speed and efficiency through monitoring and optimization
- Installs, configures, and documents network systems
- Administers, maintains, secures, supports and recovers network systems
- Plans, coordinates, designs, tests, and implements technical solutions for multiple concurrent projects, either individually or as a member of a project team
- Provides immediate feedback to Project Managers and Managers on the health and well-being of the network
- Is responsible for the integrity of the network
- Participates in a weekly on-call rotation for high level network support
- Perform technical analysis of software, hardware, and network systems
- Resolving day to day tickets (ticket management)
- Maintains and operates network monitoring and diagnostic equipment for capacity planning, maintenance and diagnostic purposes.
- Communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Provides technical support regarding network operations, problems, and malfunctions.
- Performs diagnostic tests, notes symptoms, gathers relevant problem/malfunction facts and data from users
- Serves as the technical liaison to the user community
- Serves as the technical lead in the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies
- Serves as the technical liaison to vendors
- Coordinates service calls and schedules appointments with service providers to ensure satisfactory resolution of problems and malfunctions
- Prepares network diagrams, flow charts, graphic presentations, and narrative reports to recommend improvements or resolve problems
- Performs related duties as required
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Cisco based network
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an enterprise level environment supporting multiple diverse sites
- 2-5 years' experience with Palo Alto and Cisco ASA firewall management a must
- Demonstrated knowledge of routing protocols, such as EIGRP, OSPF and BGP
- F5 LTM and GTM experience a plus
- Bilingual English / Spanish a plus
- Cisco voice and collaboration experience a plus
- Cisco Wireless
- In-depth understanding of the OSI networking model
- Good written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary