Network Engineer (Wireless)
Job Number: 20-01517
Job Number: 20-01517
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Network Engineer (Wireless) for our client in Greensboro, NC
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Perform the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of networks.
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot problems on local area networks (LAN), wireless LAN, and data networks.
- May perform some programming and may be responsible for script writing.
- Career-Level position within field.
- Requires experience and proficiency in discipline.
- Conducts complex work important to the organization.
- Works with minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- This position has the option to work out of RTP or Greensboro.
- Includes, but not limited to:
- Create and maintain global standard documentation for network infrastructure and overall global site LAN networks.
- Design and support a Cisco/Meraki centric WAN, LAN, and WLAN environment. This includes routers, switches, firewalls, security, WLAN.
- Conducting wireless site surveys and wireless and LAN site assessments.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of global infrastructure wiring standards (i.e., ANSI/TIA/EIA-568B 1-May 2001 or ISO/IEC 11801.)
- Supervisor and/or conduct predictive wireless assessments and deployments at global sites
- Perform installation, maintenance and upgrade of Meraki-based WLAN dashboard and access points.
- Implement and support a secure wireless network for an enterprise-wide wired and wireless infrastructure.
- Central focus is in supporting the wireless infrastructure and associated wireless technology projects globally.
- Mentor other junior engineers, manage 5-6 large simultaneous wireless refresh projects per quarter to completion.
- Monitor system for trouble areas and proactively resolve and document root cause.
- Managing the overall site installs, maintenance, upgrades or software enhancements to support the network infrastructure needs.
- Function as a point of escalation for operational entities regarding regular or complex issues.
- Work on daily service tickets while engaged on enterprise wireless deployments.
- Engage with manufacturer technical support experts to quickly resolve issues as they arise as necessary.
- Design, test and implement new Wi-Fi deployments and upgrades to existing infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills with ability to convey complex topics into layman terms
- Typically requires six to nine years experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or an associated discipline and a minimum of 5 years' experience.
- Additional experience may be considered in lieu of Degree.
- Minimum 7-plus years of applicable networking experience.
- Significant experience with Cisco/Meraki based wireless LAN networks and dashboards.
- Significant experience planning and executing network LAN/WLAN projects
- Significant experience with both centralized and local Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Cisco Lightweight Access Points.
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of WLAN technologies, network management, 802.11 b/g/n/ac standards.
- Significant troubleshooting skills complex network issues with wireless LAN and experience with analysis tools such as Ekahau, Air Magnet, Wireshark, etc.
- Experience or understanding of scripting languages, such as Bash, Perl or Python
- Knowledge and Experience with Registered Communications Distributed Designer (RCDD) processes and procedures
- Past experience working with customers remotely and over the phone to assist with network troubleshooting and ability to escalate issues as needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Team products including Visio, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Willing to work occasional on-call and after hours support rotation as needed.
- Willing to travel up to 25% for occasional short site assessments globally.
- CCNP Wireless required; CCIE Enterprise Wireless preferred.
- Equivalent Meraki certifications are acceptable
- 7+ years of Enterprises WAN/LAN/WLAN experience and high-density deployments.
- 5+ years of Cisco devices configuration experience.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Lea Enriquez | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.