Network Architecture Manager
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for a Network Architecture Manager for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Network Architecture Manager role is to directs, manages, plans and administers the operational and administrative activities of the Systems Architecture section. Develops, plans and schedules the development, introduction, communication and maintenance of the corporate systems architecture including the applications, data, and infrastructure architectures and assures that this architecture is integrated with the business area architectures. Assures that the corporate architecture is consistent with disaster recovery plan objectives. Develops reports and presentations on infrastructure products and new technology for all levels of management and technical staff. Organizes and controls the activities of the section, assigns personnel to the various projects and directs their activities. Coordinates the development of the overall project plans and timetables. Responsible for staffing, performance management and compensation decision-making. Manages budget, monitors progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly. Provides input on policy issues. Typically 7-10 years of experience in managing and/or directing multi-project development teams.
- Lead a team of solutions architects and engineers in a dynamic and wide range of responsibilities.
- Define Client's global enterprise network architecture, recommending and validating new emerging technologies, and ensuring that the end-to-end strategy aligns to business and technology goals.
- Provide leadership across multiple disciplines from strategic decision-making, proof of concept validation, and transformation level planning.
- Establish governing principles for network design, deployment and operations.
- Drive the development of design principles, models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes based on industry best practices.
- Recommend modifications to infrastructure architecture to address specific capacity and/ or performance issues seen in the production environment.
- Work closely with cross-functional architecture teams across multiple disciplines to gather and define network requirements to which network architectures will be required to meet.
- Publish and present strategy white and position papers
- Work closely with leaders of the internal product management groups to understand their strategic direction, business plans and product roadmaps.
- Manage relationships and interaction with vendors and industry analysts.
- Drive communication and collaboration with vendors, clients and members of the banks IT groups (Desktop, Server, Storage, and Tooling) to drive end-to-end strategies.
- Perform proof of concept and pilot implementation for all next generation hardware / software platforms.
- Ensure architecture documentation of all new design decisions for consumption by engineering, implementation, and operations teams
- Develop the vision and architectural strategy plans for the banks global virtualized software defined infrastructure.
- Build strong partnerships with line of business technical leadership teams as both a knowledgeable industry consultant to their business and as an advocate within the global technology infrastructure teams to drive commonality.
- Work closely with business management to determine business process and productivity needs and an appropriate technology strategy to support business goals.
- Work closely with finance to establish business cases for new investment and help to prioritize and optimize multi-hundred million dollar capital investments and expense lines.
- Perform analytical, technical, cost analysis and CAPEX development work in the planning, design, installation and on-going administration and management of data networks.
- Communicate the role and value of the network to the organization and present the business case for technology investments.
- Have excellent communication skills with a proven track record of presenting at the most senior levels within the enterprise and the network industry.
- Are likely to have contributed to the relevant standards bodies (e.g. IETF, ITU-T OIF and TMF).
- Have an in-depth understanding of business strategy and ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives.
- Have a minimum of 10 years' experience designing, developing, configuring, and implementing large scale global enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors. This will include a minimum of 5 years architectural design experience with major networking, storage, compute and security vendors (Cisco, Arista, Client, Juniper, Dell, IBM, Dell, Brocade)
- Have previously been responsible for the architecture and/or implementation of a very large-scale global network deployment or technology transformation.
- Have experience with automation, programming languages and modelling (e.g. Perl, Python, YANG, etc.).
- Expertise in SDN and NFV technologies. Vendor certification in Nuage or NSX is preferred.
- Have a solid understanding of the Linux operating system and of virtualization technology (e.g. KVM, Citrix, VMWare). Vendor certification in VMWare is preferred.
- Have expertise in the design and engineering of enterprise data center infrastructure and associated technologies (cabling, servers, storage).
- Be leaders and role models with experience of working in and managing diverse teams.
- Possess good financial acumen and be able to develop business cases for the introduction of new services
- Be creative, courageous and prepared to challenge the status quo.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or a related field.
- A master's degree or PhD is preferred.
Interested in applying?
Contact Charly Vie at firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.