Mobile/Handheld Device Specialist
Mobile/Handheld Device Specialist
Job Number: 19-04093
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Mobile/Handheld Device Specialist for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Job is based out of 4 Irving Place, which is the primary work location. Site travel to Client work facilities will be required to support end-user needs and investigate device issues.
- Provide tool management and maintenance to a population of 270 PFE handhelds and approximately 200+ users
- Provide user support through a dedicated hot line
- Work to transition the PFE application from the Client Toughpad to a new tablet
- Document business requirements, track defects, test fixes and enhancements
- Identify data patterns and issues with AMI Business System synchronization, and resolve discrepancies
- Write procedures, create and provide training to end users
- Perform system synchronization monitoring, issue identification and troubleshooting for AMI Transaction correction.
- Candidate must be a self-starter that actively engages issues seeking resolution.
- At least two years of experience with handheld tool maintenance (Client Toughpad or equivalent), including experience with inventory, troubleshooting, and user support
- At least two years of experience managing and supporting software updates to handheld tools (Client Toughpad or equivalent), including testing, ensuring all devices receive updates, and coordinating follow up investigations
- Must have experience working to institute new software applications on new handhelds
- System synchronization resolution experience is required
- Agile, self-motivated learner.
- Displays initiative by resolving issues on their own and applying lessons learned to new situations
- Has a high quality of work and checks work frequently
- Must be able to work in a team and as an individual
- Ability to learn AMI and Legacy applications with proper training.
- Ability to communicate with end user customers to resolve issues, gaps, and collect data
- Strong writing skills - with the ability to draft procedural and process flow documents.
- Very strong verbal skills - with the ability to clearly communicate technical issues and potential resolution paths.
- Ability to interpret technical documents and diagrams as well as interpret business requirements.
- Experience with transaction investigation and correction through User Interface or file correction
- Experience with defect management and reporting tools (i.e. Rational) for issue identification, work assignment, communication and resolution.
- Experience with executing business system test scripts, documenting and reporting testing results.
- Experience with data analysis and interpretation and account/field/record correction.
- Experience with writing procedures
- Experience with creating and providing end user training
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, please contact:
Henry Zuniga | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.