Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator
Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator
Job Number: 21-02039
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator for our client in White Plains, NY.
Eclaro's Client is America's largest state power organization and is a national leader in energy efficiency and clean energy technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The SQL DBA work with IT Solution Engineering, Cyber and various business units to upgrade and support the Client MS SQL environment 2012.
- Upgrade the Client MS SQL 2012 environment to latest environment and also support and develop new databases for the applications listed in Common Application Lem project.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Manage databases in cloud AWS and Azure platforms
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinemen
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers
- Manage Microsoft SQL Server and other database systems in all aspects of the application lifecycle: requirements analysis & definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment
- Monitors day to day operations and overall performance of SQL server environment and systems. Manages the environment using tools such as SSMS, Microsoft SQL Backup, Commvault and SCOM
- Install, configure and support SQL Server environment including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Replication and AlwaysOn HA
- Work closely with other DBAs, Infrastructure team, application development team, business analysts and IT vendors to ensure high availability and proper functioning of databases
- Maintain database objects and perform database capacity planning, data modeling, data loads, troubleshooting, database backup and recovery
- Perform best practices related to monitoring, security, and performance tuning (Operating System, SQL Server, Disk Utilization, TSQL queries)
- Experience in designing, deploying, and maintaining SQL Server infrastructure on versions 2008R2/2012/2014/2016/2017/2019
- Through knowledge of windows platforms 2008/2008R2/2012/2016/2019
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization using native monitoring and monitoring tools
- Experience in Upgrade/migration of new releases from Development to QA, UAT and Production including inbuilt custom and vendor applications with standard procedures
- Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Through advanced knowledge of HA including Failover clustering, replication, Logshipping and AlwaysOn
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models with third party tools
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, "get-it-done personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Pam Saba | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.