Job Number: 20-06622
Job Number: 20-06622
Take a bold step forward in your career! Eclaro is looking for a Medical Technologist for our client in Cambridge, MA.
Eclaro’s client is an innovative partner in the provision of engineering, installation and maintenance on electrical systems across a wide range of sectors. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsible for day-to-day supervision or oversight of the laboratory operation and personnel performing testing and reporting test results.
- Must be accessible onsite to testing personnel at all times testing is performed to provide direct supervision to personnel and consultation to resolve technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established either by the Laboratory Director or Technical Supervisor.
- Responsible for ensuring that acceptable levels of analytical performance are maintained on a day to day basis.
- Review quality control (QC) daily and document corrective action taken on any outlier results.
- Ensure that test results are not reported when QC is outside of acceptable limits.
- Responsible for ensuring that no patient results will be reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning.
- Responsible for the daily surveillance of QC program; while the formal review is performed at least monthly by a Technical Supervisor.
- Responsible for notifying the CRSP management of problems encountered during the operation of the department.
- Ensure that technical decisions (i.e. changes to control ranges, etc.) are approved by the laboratory director or designee before changes are made.
- Keep the clinical management informed regarding all problems affecting the technical operation of the laboratory.
- Responsible for annual performance reviews/competency testing of testing personnel.
- Responsible for other duties as requested by administration, Technical Supervisor, and Laboratory Director.
- Degree in Biology or a closely related field 3+ years experience working with human samples or 1+ year of experience in a clinical lab environment / (CLIA), 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Demonstrated the ability to troubleshoot and good decision making skills
- Experience with nucleic acid extraction
- Experience with qPCR
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jane Bautista | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.