Medical Publications Associate
Medical Publications Associate
Job Number: 20-00977
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Medical Publications Associate for our client in Lawrence Township, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Medical Publications organizations mission is to support the development of high quality medical publications to ensure clear, scientific communication of Client data enabling the safe, appropriate use of and access to Client medicines.
- The primary responsibility of the Immunoscience Medical Communications Associate Director will be to lead the development and execution of a comprehensive, globally aligned, strategic medical communication plan across the Client Immunoscience Portfolio.
- Accountable for ensuring the clear, accurate and scientifically rigorous scientific communication of Client information that informs the medical community.
- This role will report to the Publications Lead (Director), Immunoscience.
- Translate medical strategies and objectives into an actionable comprehensive globally-aligned long-term strategic publication plan
- Work collaboratively across the matrix and Medical Capabilities to ensure the success of Client medical communications (i.e. strategically aligned publications and content plans, timely journal submissions/publications, congress presentations, scientific content)
- Implement effective and consistent strategies for engaging external expertise (e.g. Publication Steering Committees) to advice and shape publication plan strategy
- Work across Medical Capabilities and other stakeholders to obtain critical insights, ensuring development of strategic and scientifically differentiating medical communications that are relevant and applicable globally
- Demonstrate expertise in the disease area, medical strategies and objectives necessary to provide relevant input on matters related to medical communications
- Ensure endorsement of publication plan by governance bodies prior to execution; continuously evolve plan in conjunction with scientific landscape
- Engage and effectively align across a broad range of internal stakeholders (Development Team, Clinical Development, Translational Medicine, Global Biostatistics, and Market teams, Health Outcomes and Alliance/Clinical collaboration stakeholders) to facilitate decision making during medical communication planning and execution process
- Communicate timely publication updates and metrics to Global Medical, Clinical Development, Development Team and other stakeholders to facilitate ongoing functional and regional planning and inform dependencies
- Review publication drafts ensuring clear, accurate and scientifically rigorous scientific communications which are aligned and consistent with author direction, scientific communication platform and key communication points supported by data
- Partner on execution of the scientific platform (abstracts, presentations and related scientific content) at assigned International and domestic congresses
- Foster collaborative relationships with academic and clinical experts, publishers, medical associations and other relevant stakeholder groups
- Effectively manage the author interface to ensure timely execution and delivery of publications serving as the primary point of contact and demonstrate excellence in speaker readiness
- Employ innovative strategies and solutions in medical communication delivery, extending the scientific reach of evidence
- Serve as the subject matter expert on publication-related matters involving the publication plan and as a publications point of contact for key stakeholders
- Partner with Medical Communication Execution Leads to assess, plan and allocate resources to ensure timely delivery of high quality communications
- Manage 3rd-party providers and independent contractors to ensure the timely delivery of quality publications
- Promote and reinforce good publication practices and principles among authors and internal publication stakeholder community ensuring all medical publications are being authored, written and reviewed according to GPP3 and Client processes
- PharmD, PhD or MD in a science subject with in-depth experience in publication planning management
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within the pharmaceutical or related healthcare industry, in both a regional and global capacity; prior experience in Medical Strategy
- Expertise across all aspects of scientific publication strategy, planning and execution during all phases of drug development and commercialization process (investigational, registrational, pre and post-launch and marketed)
- Certification as a Medical Publication Professional (CMPP)
- Experience working within a highly matrix environment across a wide range of functional areas (Medical, Health Outcomes, R&D, regulatory and legal teams)
- Understanding of clinical trial design and execution, statistical methods and clinical trial data reporting requirements
- Understanding of good publication practices and guidance (GPP3, ICMJE), Sunshine Act, Pharma Code of Conduct and other guidance related to post-marketing practices and scientific data communication
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as exceptional time management skills are required for this highly visible global position
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple, conflicting priorities in a rapidly evolving, fast paced, complex environment with successful outcomes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications and familiarity with publication management tools and systems (Datavision)
- Scientific expertise in rheumatology and/or immune-mediated disease
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Maria Castañeda | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.