Manager, Data Warehousing
Manager, Data Warehousing
JobDiva # 19-11039
Excel in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Manager, Data Warehousing for our client in East Rutherford, NJ.
Eclaro's client is a leading insurance company providing risk management services and products to the energy industry. Their vast experience throughout North America spans all sides of energy infrastructure. If you're up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!"
Position Overview: The Manager, Data Warehousing will design, develop, and maintain our Enterprise Data Warehouse. The DWH Manager may also participate in the business analysis process, conduct data quality investigations, and assist in the development of test plans and test data. He or she will work closely with ETL developers and may assist in the development of ETL solutions with Microsoft SQL server and associated tools. The individual should possess excellent technical/business communication skills to interact with both IT & business teams for understanding requirements to develop and deploy appropriate data solutions. This includes understanding and experience in applying SDLC processes.
- Provides guidance regarding the use of data warehouse systems, capability of systems to deliver information, and subject matter expertise regarding current systems and emerging technology
- Responsible for managing the specialized IT professionals, who design, develop, maintain, and support data warehousing and data mart technologies and systems
- Leads the activities of data warehouse project teams in the design, development and implementation of data warehouses; and the configuration and auditing of data warehouses to ensure quality control of data
- Responsible for overseeing the development, operations and maintenance of data warehouse environment, including organizational balance and system coherency between front-end desktop/client environment and data warehouse back-end processing functions
- Liaise with Business to determine and document candidate data source systems, databases, entities and attributes that could add and enhance the data in the warehouse
- Communicate with business and stakeholders regarding data warehouse capabilities and delivering data and information
- Provides guidance regarding the use of data warehouse systems, capability of systems to deliver information
- 10+ years of direct hands-on experience in Data Warehouse design and implementation for P&C Insurance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Data Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing data warehouse designs and techniques
- 2+ years of experience in designing, building and optimizing data marts
- In depth knowledge of Data Warehouse Architecture, design extract, and load processes. Understand Relational Database Design, ETL and Data Warehouse Concepts. Significant SQL skills
- Ability to facilitate meeting of peers and team, clearly articulate issues and enable discussion that leads toward resolution
- Ability to mentor technical teams (developers, QA, infrastructure) and business analysts to implement data warehouse solutions, including ETL implementation
- Demonstrates ability to express and organize thoughts, ideas and information in a logical and concise manner both in writing and verbally
- Ability to liaise with source system teams to understand data lineage, resolve data origination issues, weed out and correct process and/or operational issues as well as partner on data initiatives for new source system enhancements
- Ability to present the results of analysis of highly complex and broad business and technical requirements to senior business users and IT
- Demonstrated success in time management, handling multiple priorities, as well as analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong listening skills
- Work cross-functionally and think creatively, critically and strategically
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to take principled bets on new technology
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups with demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills for communicating with application development, infrastructure and database teams
- Excellent organizational, initiative and follow-through skills with a positive attitude, and leadership by example
If interested, you may contact:
Charly Viemeister | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.