Job Number: 21-09319
Job Number: 21-09319
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for a Mainframe Engineer for our client in Charlotte, NC.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The position provides technical support for a large scale CICS/TS environment running in a z/OS parallel SYSPLEX environment with complex multi-tiered applications making heavy use of MRO, VSAM files and DB2.
- The functions of the position include technical guidance and advice to Data Center Operations, support teams, application developers and end users. Maintenance of CICS Resource Definitions. Problem debugging and root cause analysis, interaction with software vendors.
- The position supports all phases in the life cycle of an application from conception and development through production deployment and support, the individual will be required to participate in application design and performance reviews as necessary.
- Daily support and upkeep of the Mainframe CICS of the mainframe CICS environment and supporting products and processes
- Working with IBM and vendor utilities and being able to work with various technical groups to support real-time business functions across Retail, Card and Preferred Lines of Business
- Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities
- Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities
- Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor
- Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations
- Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel
- 5-7 years in Information Technology
- Technical background in the z/OS mainframe arena
- Knowledge of CICS/TS internals and operations
- Proficient in the use of JCL and working with various vendor utility programs
- Good analytical skills, debugging skills, knowledge of COBOL and CICS Command Level language programming
- Good communication skills both written and oral are required as the individual must interface with application developers, support teams, software vendors and management staff
- Desired Job Skills:
- Experience with Rexx, CICS WEB Interface, RACF
- Programming experience with Assembler, COBOL or Java
- Experience with zOS CONNECT and/or zOSMF
If interested, you may contact:
Adrian Miranda | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.