Job Number: 21-08573
Job Number: 21-08573
Help people live their best lives. Eclaro is looking for a Mainframe Consultant for our client in Trenton, NJ.
Eclaro’s client runs a continuous, dynamic, and first-rate delivery of IT services to the public sector - giving people greater access to technology, allowing them to achieve more in their ventures and soar to greater heights. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Contractor will be responsible for analysis, design, coding, component & assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team. Contractor will be involved in maintenance (including production support), enhancement & development work.
- Contractor will be required to collaborate and provide technical expertise to the ITO and ATCSU unit to develop a technical solution to implement business/system requirements. All contractor personnel will be under the direct supervision of a Project Manager for the Clients Information Technology Office (ITO) or other designated ITO representative.
- The Mainframe consultant will develop and/or receive program specification requirements. These specifications will describe the coding to be done. Contractor will be required to deliver new or modified programs, successfully unit test their work, develop supportive documentation, and participate with the users in the system testing of their programs. Experience with database conversions is desired and helpful.
- Attain a complete understanding of the Civil Case Management system and additional Judiciary applications in order to develop from the business/system requirements
- Develop and/or receive program specification requirements
- Contractor will be required to deliver new or modified programs
- Successfully unit test their work and system testing of programs with users
- Develop supportive documentation
- Hands-on experience in coding, testing and debugging programs written in COBOL/CICS/DB2
- Experience with IBM OS/JCL (MVS) and IBM/DB2
- Experience with CICS
- Experience in conversions for IDMS/DC to CICS, IDMS to DB2
- Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of programs)
- The consultant must have the ability to clearly and effectively communicate both written and oral with technical and non-technical personnel
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Steve Adams | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.