Lead QA Tester
Lead QA Tester
Kick start your career in Financial Services. Eclaro is looking for a Lead QA Tester for our client in Irvine, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a full-service bank providing a wide spectrum of corporate, commercial, retail banking, and wealth management solutions with offices across the United States. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The individual in this role will lead a team to deliver UAT testing for medium and large scale projects, or on a work stream within the overall program.
- This person will ultimately be responsible for ensuring that the solution resolves the issues identified by our business.
- This individual will lead and shape test teams, prioritize workloads and ensure test delivery against pre-defined time, cost and quality standards.
- Additionally, he or she will also build and execute test scripts, raise defects and help manage the test effort through to closure, and complete all necessary reports and metrics.
- This person will need to provide feedback and input for software development standards and practices
- He or she will lead implementation and standardization of testing processes, methodologies and metrics.
- This person will also review results of major and final tests to determine if product specifications are met in line with requirements and standards.
- He or she will have to be a confident and articulate communicator with the ability to deliver challenging messages and influence stakeholders at all levels, demonstrate drive, determination and remain resilient in difficult situations.
- 4 year degree is highly preferred, higher level education such as a master's degree and/or certification is desirable.
- 10+ years of work experience in software quality assurance and/or user acceptance testing is required, with a minimum of 4 to 6 years of specific experience in the Lending domain.
- At least 4+ years of prior lead experience is required.
- Experience working with testing products like nCino is highly preferred.
- Experience working in Commercial Lending highly preferred.
- Experience of managing testing on projects which involve both business and technology change, understand each possible phase of testing and be able to determine which to apply to a particular project.
- Experience with testing practices and procedures in both the business and IT environments.
- Certification in software testing, management and some experience with tools like ALM, JIRA, UFT and Selenium is preferred.
- Experience working in an agile model is a plus.
- Demonstrates the following core competencies: Deliver extraordinary customer experiences, drive for results, communicate effectively and professionally, balance risk with opportunity, lead effective change, build winning teams and influence and inspire others.
- Uses broad business knowledge to consider the impact on other processes and additional testing needs.
- Understands the overall project or program benefits and how the delivered solution impacts these.
- Works with business and IT to ensure that the system solution fully meet business requirements.
- Defines and implements the overall test approach; works effectively with the IT contact to align the business and IT test phases.
- Ensures adequate requirement coverage and traceability between requirements and test scripts.
- Works with IT to ensure that the necessary environments and data are available and coordinated within the release schedule.
- Accountable for test resource planning within their delivery project.
- Manages a large testing capability, resources and testing process from project initiation to post implementation review and extended warranty.
- Monitors progress against the test deliverables plan, identifies slippage and develops strategies to recover.
- Owns and resolves issues around testing by working closely with the project teams.
- Ensures that all test phases have appropriate entry / exit criteria and monitors achievement of these criteria.
- Obtains sign-off against these prior to Go Live.
- Implements a well-structured approach to test defect management and incident reporting.
- Monitors and reports the status and progress of test phase to different stakeholders and contributes to Go/No-Go decision.
- Responsible for maintaining and distributing the metrics reports.
- Builds strong relationships with all project stakeholders including business and IT to ensure a collaborative approach to testing.
- Maintains internal network to influence and support the delivery of projects and champions the Business Testing function.
- Continuously monitors projects for testing-related risks and issues and regulatory compliance and takes appropriate steps to mitigate.
- Ensures effective issue escalation to senior management where there is a significant threat to delivery.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Ivy Española at (201) 942-3003 or at https://www.linkedin.com/in/ivyespanola and/or send your resume to Ivy.Espanola@eclaro.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary