Job Number: 21-16220
Join the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for a Laboratory Technician for our client in Charlotte, NC. This is a contract position located at our client's site.
Eclaro's client is a leading component manufacturer with a portfolio of oil and gas, chemicals, plastics, performance products, agricultural products and fine chemicals. Their customer base includes many diverse industries and markets, including pharmaceutical, aerospace, textile, construction and automotive industries. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This position has the primary responsibility of supporting the Development of Dispersions Functional Polymers for the Adhesive, Construction and Architectural Coatings (ACP) Industries.
- High School diploma is required with 6 years practical laboratory experience, an Associate's degree with 4 years practical laboratory experience, or a Bachelor's degree in a scientific field.
- Company recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
- Must have a strong sense of work ethic and self-motivation.
- Must operate with a high sense of urgency.
- Must be able to work comfortably in a team environment and also effectively on individual efforts.
- Must have basic computer skills and be comfortable with email, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Must have the highest standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and capable of adapting to priority changes on a daily basis.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Position is working in a prototype lab. Duties include, but are not limited to, mixing chemicals, developing suspensions, testing samples, process documentation.
- Minimum work experience - 3 years of laboratory focused experience
- Experience in laboratory activity - performance experiments, familiarity with pH measurement, basic chemical mixing, basic chemical conversion and mass balance calculation is required
- Experience in vendor management - ordering materials, cataloging materials is a plus
- Experience in technical documentation desired
- Basic knowledge of chemical instrumentation required
- Basic knowledge of chemical compatibility required
- Basic knowledge of chemical handling and chemical storage required
- College level (Junior level) understanding of chemistry, physics and engineering required
- Detailed oriented and with high sensitivity to timeline is a must
- Proactive in task management and ability to address/take care of basic laboratory facilitation
- Experience in laboratory hygienes and chemical preparation and mixing hygienes
- 4 year degree in Chemistry or Chemical engineering or Materials engineering with at least 3 years of experience or
- 2 year degree (AS) in Chemistry, or Engineering with at least 5 years of experience None smoking candidates preferred 3-5 years experience
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Cyrill Malubay | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.