Laboratory Operations Expert
Laboratory Operations Expert
Job Number: 19-05749
Be a part of a company that supports life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Laboratory Operations Expert for our client in Miamisburg, OH.
Eclaro’s client is a leading manufacturer of lab materials, technology and service supporting the Life Science field. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Evaluate stable isotope products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure safety and quality throughout the process.
- Assure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments.
- Perform multi-disciplined, established assays and/or unit operations, involving stable isotope compounds.
- Clean-up equipment and working areas during and after operations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Ensure all applicable log books have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Interface with other departments as needed.
- Participate as needed in quality audits.
- Accurately perform procedures independently.
- Perform routine troubleshooting and miscellaneous duties or tasks as necessary.
- Ability to serve on committees to improve department, site or company performance.
- Committees may focus on safety, quality, inventory, output, costs, etc.
- In compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Production Scientist.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Develop improvement ideas, review impact of changes and document all work.
- Lab Environment:
- Works near moving mechanical parts. Is frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment "PPE " to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- Outdoor weather conditions while moving material and waste handling.
- Required 2 years college in the Life or Physical Sciences or equivalent relevant experience.
- Desired 2 year Lab Technician program.
- Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/laboratory equipment.
- Mechanical skills:
- Chemical glassware (flasks, fittings, connectors, condensers, and traps) o Equipment (heating mantles, stirrers, clamps, and jacks)
- Hoses (compressed air lines, vacuum lines, cylinder lines, and thermocouples)
- Troubleshooting skills:
- Troubleshoot basic chemical reactions and analytical testing
- Identify solutions based on knowledge of modern chemistry techniques
- Laboratory skills:
- Weighing, measuring, pouring, filtering, making solutions
- Basic laboratory calculations (pH, molar concentration, percent yield, grams to moles, stoichiometric conversions, and buffer solutions)
- Interpreting basic analytical data and characterizing and identifying molecular compounds and gases using basic analytical instrumentation
- Handling chemicals safely wearing personal protective equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Basic analytical chemistry including instruments and methods
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
June Binuya | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary