Laboratory Animal Technician
Laboratory Animal Technician
Job Number: 19-09954
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Laboratory Animal Technician for our client in Redwood City, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Laboratory Animal Technician performs semi-routine or diversified work that requires the ability to differentiate established principles and practices from unique occurrences which may necessitate adapting or modifying methods.
- The Laboratory Animal Technician will perform responsibilities in compliance with all applicable SOPs, study protocols, GLP guidelines, and other Federal, State, and corporate policies and guidelines.
- The Laboratory Animal Technician will work under guidance and direction, but demonstrate conceptual understanding and ability to initiate tasks.
- They must follow operational procedures in the performance of daily tasks, and work cooperatively with other employees in efforts to achieve departmental goals.
- The employee will minimize losses by reporting all errors promptly to their supervisor.
- The employee will have direct contact mostly with his or her immediate supervisor, with other departmental employee's and will have direct contact with research personnel.
- The Laboratory Animal Technician must be able to exert moderate physical effort in moving or lifting equipment and animals.
- Medical screening prior to initial placement is required to evaluate for history of allergy, asthma or physical problems which could endanger an employee in this work environment and to evaluate for the presence of diseases, e.g. Tuberculosis, which endanger laboratory animals and may require subsequent reassignment.
- The employee will have frequent exposure to biohazards and disagreeable conditions, including odors, heat, noise, excrement and will have potential exposure to toxic test compounds.
- Additional specific responsibilities as they pertain to their area of assignment may include, but are not limited to carrying out critical phases of various procedures such as the following:
- May be required to breed and develop animal colonies, collect tissue samples and collect data for routine operations
- Prepare animals and samples for testing, observe tests, and detect and report responses
- Perform support duties that involve animal health maintenance, i.e. sentinel program, water and feed evaluation, sanitation sampling and testing, and other related tests, as required
- Processing tissue and excreta samples from laboratory animals; handling of radio-labeled test materials.
- Under supervision, may assist with the writing of new or revised procedures.
- Participate in employee training and ongoing training and education programs as required.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary