Labor Relations Specialist
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Labor Relations Specialist for our client in Marcy, NY.
Eclaro's Client is America's largest state power organization and is a national leader in energy efficiency and clean energy technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Project Overview: This role will support the client’s Facility Labor Relations managing the labor relations and human resources functions for union employees, and for implementing and supporting the Authority’s human resource strategies and programs at the assigned facility in support of the labor environment. This position reports to the Regional Transmission Manager.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Promote collaborative labor relations with local union consistent with the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) between client and the local union(s). Maintain regular contacts with Regional Manager and Director, Labor Relations & Special Projects on CBA interpretation and implementation.
- Coordinate Facility Project management team protocol group meetings and advise Regional Manager and Project senior management on regular basis to reinforce knowledge of CBA content and ensure consistent implementation of its terms and conditions.
- Facilitate Facility Project Step B and C grievance meetings, coordinate presentation and mutual resolution of Project grievances below Step D and advise Regional Manager and Director, Labor Relations & Special Projects of any grievances which may advance to Step D. Provide all information and documents relating to Facility management grievance position statements in preparation for Step D meetings and/or arbitration hearings.
- Participate on Client labor relations protocol group as assigned relating to collective bargaining negotiations, impact bargaining sessions, Step D Grievance meetings, Safety Committee, Health Care Cost Containment Committee, arbitration hearings and Public Employment Relations Board proceedings.
- For the craft, establish and oversee appropriate cross-training / rotational / project opportunities within the plant, with a specific focus on ensuring succession planning candidates receive developmental opportunities.
- Coordinate labor relations disciplinary and grievance fact-finding meetings and consensus reviews with appropriate Facility management, headquarters Director of Labor Relations & Special Projects and Law Department staff
Education and Certifications
- Current knowledge of all major disciplines within human resources.
- Ability to work comfortably with all levels and all areas of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills (e.g. tact/diplomacy, persuasion, cooperation, negotiations).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (e.g., presentation, listening, report writing).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to resolve disputes and observe confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook
Work ScheduleMonday through Friday, 8.0 hour work day with .5 hour unpaid lunch
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration; Master’s degree preferred
- Seven to ten years' experience in an HR Generalist role in a Union environment with demonstrated labor relations grievance, negotiations and strategy accountabilities.
- Experience in the electric utility industry is preferred
- Cornell Industrial Labor Relations Alumni Association is strongly preferred
- SHRM Membership is strongly preferred
- NYS PELRA Chapter is strongly preferred
Paid for time worked only; there are no paid holidays, vacation or sick days
Overtime is not permitted unless authorized in advanced.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact William Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status