Lab Technician II
Work for a global healthcare leader. Eclaro is looking for a Laboratory Technician for our client in Groton, CT.
Eclaro's client is world-renowned for providing innovative healthcare solutions and for its commitment to improving the health and well-being of people from all walks of life. If you're up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Prepare large scale cell reagents using mammalian cells, E.coli and baculovirus with insect cells.
- Propagate and maintain various continuous cell lines.
- Verify the protein expression using various protocols including flow cytometry, Western Blots, and small scale purification.
- Experimental data will be recorded in a provided electronic notebook according to the guidelines.
- Responsible for ordering supplies as needed to deliver cell and protein reagents.
- As time permits, support lab with generation of various solutions and some molecular biology including mutagenesis and large scale plasmid production.
- Coordination with various groups on delivery time-line of cell pastes.
- BS in biology or related field with 0-2 years of relevant experience in mammalian and microbial culture techniques including cell expansion and cryopreservation, protein expression optimization and scale-up, protein expression analysis by SDS-PAGE and Western Blot Methods.
- Excellent aseptic technique is required.
- Experience using standard laboratory equipment including incubators, microscopes, pipettes, and biosafety cabinets.
- Ability to effectively supply a wide array of cell reagents on a regular basis to support weekly requests is critical.
- Ability to quickly identify and remedy potential issues with cell culture.
- Ability to keep accurate records using electronic notebooks and create common laboratory reagents including buffers and cell culture media.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at one time at a time and have a positive customer service focus.
- Computer skills required:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Brokerage
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Richard David at Richard.David@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary