Lab Technician I
Lab Technician I
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Lab Technician I for our client in Andover, MA.
Eclaro’s client is among the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, trusted by billions to provide superior, cutting-edge, and inexpensive medicine that improves health and well-being. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
• Perform all regulatory responsibilities in compliance with study protocol, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards, Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), and other applicable regulatory standards.
• Perform all aspects of the preparation of dosing formulations including mathematical calculations for routine preparations (e.g. API, volume), ordering of API, review of study protocols for routine formulations, and analytical sample collection, data collection and documentation, data quality control review, and preparation of in-life data for archiving
• Read, understand and follow the study protocol
• Serve as Primary Formulation Technician for studies depending on level and experience
• Manage multiple assignments/projects simultaneously while maintaining data quality and meeting timelines
• Ensure proper supplies and equipment are available and suitable for formulation functions; generate forms, labels, and other materials needed for formulation preparations as required
• Responsible for use, maintenance and calibration of equipment, e.g. balances, mixers
• Troubleshoot and solve equipment/technical problems associated with formulation preparation dependent on level and experience
• Conduct routine Out of Specification (OOS) investigations
• Communicate with Management, Study Director, Study Technicians and support personnel to ensure compliance with all protocol driven activities, and to enable proactive adjustment of the protocol by the Study Director in the event of unexpected events or findings
• Complete self-review of formulation data for accuracy and completeness against the protocol; appropriately documents and corrects data errors, notifies appropriate study personnel as required.
• Complete peer QC review of formulation data collected by others depending on experience and level.
• Assist in preparing data for QA audits and addressing and drafting responses depending on level and experience
• Prepares formulation data for archiving
• Adheres to all applicable company and unit policies and procedures
• Ensures work areas are kept clean and orderly
• Meets established timelines for deliverables
• Reviews and recommends updates for departmental SOPs, may draft updates to SOPs depending on experience and level
• Participates in a culture of continuous improvement within assigned work group.
• Other activities as delegated by Manager
• Overtime, weekend and holiday work may be required
• BS in chemistry, pharmacy, biology, or related field with 0-2 years GLP experience; or
• Associates Degree in chemistry, biology, or veterinary technology with 2-5 years related experience; or
• High school diploma (US) with a minimum 5 years of formulations experience
• Experience performing formulation preparations for in vivo studies in a GLP environment preferred.
• Use of electronic data capture systems, spreadsheet applications or other data management systems preferred.
• Experience in or desire to cross-train in performing in-life activities of rodent and non-rodent Global Toxicology studies including study set up, test article administration, animal observation, sample collection, data collection and documentation is desirable.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary