Lab System Engineer
|Reference # :||18-02715||Title :||Lab System Engineer|
|Location :||East Syracuse, NY|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||03/21/2018 / 09/20/2018|
ECLARO is a company that delivers talent. We provide fully customizable, comprehensive talent acquisition and management of seasoned professionals through a number of business models, including: Consulting, Professional Hire, Global Integrated Delivery™ and Managed Services.
QC Laboratory Systems Analyst
The QC Systems Management team is responsible for implementing and maintaining electronic systems that support operations in the quality control (QC) laboratories.
This position is responsible for building and sustaining the Laboratory Execution System (LES) that enables the Quality Control laboratories to execute paperless testing and interface with analytical instrument computer systems.
• Create and maintain LES procedures following the system change management process to support routine laboratory testing, method transfers, and method validation activities. This requires converting analytical methods and/or procedures into electronic procedures.
• Update/Maintain Empower to ensure connectivity of to the LES procedure.
• Collaborate with appropriate laboratory personnel to ensure laboratory needs and requirements are accurate within the system data setup.
• Test changes/enhancements through dry runs/verifications in development and test environments and receive feedback from lab users.
• Contribute to implementing system improvements to enhance compliance and the efficiency of laboratory operations (i.e. work in progress, metrics monitoring, etc).
• Author, modify, and review standard operating procedures associated with the laboratory support systems.
• Maintain processes for effective communication of system changes/updates.
• Maintain up to date knowledge on functionality and apply knowledge to enhance use of the system that results in increased operational efficiency.
• Provide ad hoc support to users for issues/questions on the system.
• Train users and less experienced staff on use of LES.
• Knowledge/experience in QC laboratory operations preferred.
• Working knowledge of databases, laboratory applications, including Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Laboratory Execution System (LES or Electronic Notebook), Discoverant, Maximo, DCA, QUMAS, and various laboratory instrumentation systems (i.e. Empower) and techniques (i.e. HPLC, spectroscopy, ELISA, Bioassay), preferred.
• Specific knowledge of interfaces between Empower and Laboratory Execution Systems (Electronic Notebook) and impact of changes on one system to the other, preferred.
• Specific knowledge of LIMS and interfacing with Laboratory Execution Systems (Electronic Notebooks) and impact of changes on one system to the other, beneficial to the role.
• Ability to take initiative and prioritize objectives from multiple projects; adhere to scheduled timelines while maintaining flexibility, independently or as part of a team.
• Demonstrated problem solving ability, attention to detail, and analytical thinking skills.
• Ability to interpret and apply cGMPs, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
• Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are essential. Must contribute to a team based, collaborative and positive environment, clarity of purpose and high commitment to business goals.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Access, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word) and/or other relevant software programs, preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific, computer, or engineering program with at least 1-3 years’ experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
This position is an office based position that may require entry into laboratory spaces to access computer workstations that requires appropriate levels of personal protective equipment (PPE). Walking to laboratory spaces within the building and outside to other buildings where laboratory spaces are located is required. Lifting (not to exceed 50 lbs), bending, twisting, squatting, crouching, kneeling, climbing on step-stools, and reaching may be required. Office-based work requires sitting. Repetitive use of arms/hands/wrists, especially when working with a computer. This position is based indoors and you will be primarily working with others, however, will also work independently and alone at times. This position is a team-based position that may require weekends and holidays.
If interested, please contact:
212 258 2279
ECLARO recruits and manages a staff of highly skilled individuals in an array of specialized disciplines. This approach enables our clients to leverage new opportunities, respond to increased and changing demands and increase their profitability. Please visit www.eclaroIT.com to see why the Right People are The Answer™.
Specialties: Customized solutions for Human Capital and Talent Acquisition, Permanent placement and retained search, Recruiting, Staff Augmentation, Contract Labor, Managed Services, RPO, MSP, VMS, IT solutions, management and support, offshore business process outsourcing.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 501-1000 employees