Lab System Engineer
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Lab System Engineer for our client in New Brunswick, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is among the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, trusted by billions to provide superior, cutting-edge, and inexpensive medicine that improves health and well-being. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Manages the day to day operations and support of the scientific applications such as
- Biovia/Accelrys/VelQuest SmartLab/LES,
- Biovia/Accelrys/VelQuest CIMS, Inventory Management (Biovia-Lims),
- Biovia/Accelrys/Symyx eLN (electronic laboratory notebook)
- Waters Empower 3 Chromatography Data System.
- Performs system administration, support, user account setup, and maintenance activities for scientific systems.
- Assists with projects relating to laboratory software implementation, upgrades, and support.
- Applies project management methods and tools effectively.
- Participates on project teams as technical subject matter expert for key projects.
- Works with end users and/or business capability managers to understand, verify and develop requirements for laboratory systems or enhancements.
- Interprets business goals and requirements and devises technical solutions.
- Acts as a liaison between the business and IT service providers in order to coordinate enhancements, provide integration, and resolve issues.
- Expected to quickly develop a detailed understanding of the role of pharmaceutical development and will be expected to provide effective liaison with infrastructure and IT support groups
- Bachelors in computer science, chemistry, biology or information technology with equivalent experience in a scientific discipline.
- At least 3-5 years of experience and hands on work with the support or implementation of software systems preferably in a scientific GXP environment.
- Experience developing or modifying VelQuest/LES procedures using Method Builder, parsing routines, and instrument readings.
- Experience developing or modifying Pipeline Pilot protocols.
- Experience developing or modifying CIMS/Biovia-LIMS consumables templates and workflows.
- Experience with computer system validation in a regulated GxP environment is required.
- Excellent multidisciplinary teamwork and strong communications skills are essential.
- Must work effectively with minimal oversight and proactively seek feedback from management.
- Experience managing software projects and integrating third party COTS software is preferred.
- Experience with HPQC or HP-ALM for test script execution is preferred.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.