Lab System Engineer
Lab System Engineer
Job Number: 21-14279
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Lab System Engineer for our client in Lawrenceville, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This role will provide management and support to the lab computing (benchtop) environment within Research and Development and Global Product Development Supply.
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures, timely execution of work, and collaboration with scientists, IT colleagues, and vendors are essential to ensure maximum productivity for the bench scientist as well as to ensure the integrity of both the laboratory data collected and the systems used to collect the data.
- Administer and improve systems management of lab computers (benchtops) with the deployment of data management strategies, participation in the installation, documentation, and testing of new or relocated instrument capabilities in both regulated and non-regulated laboratories.
- Locally, the candidate will participate in efforts to install, configure, qualify, document, and support laboratory instrument computer systems in both regulated and non-regulated laboratories. This includes issue resolution and support for the setup of new systems, including interaction with instrument vendors.
- Analyze current data archival process and standardize to develop standard metadata across instrument types.
- Participate in and may serve as technical lead in support of laboratory computing projects, both at the local site and across sites.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, math, or computer science. 5 years of IT experience, at least 3 in an R&D/GPS environment.
- Candidates must have significant experience with the administration, configuration, and troubleshooting of PC hardware and Microsoft Windows in an Active Directory environment. In addition, candidates must have experience with one or more of the following: software testing and deployment, configuration of Windows sharing and security, and data archival and backup strategies.
- Experience with applications in the scientific domain such as Empower and NuGenesis SDMS software with file and print capture template design is desired.
- Knowledge of computer system validation and Good Laboratory Practices and an understanding of laboratory science in the pharmaceutical industry and demonstrated project management skills are to the candidates advantage.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.