Lab System Engineer
Lab System Engineer
Job Number: 20-10318
Job Number: 20-10318
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Lab System Engineer for our client in Devens, MA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Create and maintain lab systems by executing the appropriate change management process to support laboratory testing activities and to ensure business, project and/or investigation/CAPA timelines are met.
- Support review of change controls associated with lab systems, identify system impact, and develop appropriate change actions required to support implementation of the change, including impact to interfacing systems.
- Execute and document appropriate change control and/or verify changes executed by a team member are accurate associated within the lab system.
- Review method/specification changes and work with appropriate SMEs to assess impact to lab systems data set up
- Test changes/enhancements through dry runs and receive feedback from lab users, when required.
- Setup verification testing as appropriate for the lab system.
- Execute User Acceptance Testing for system functionality changes.
- Communicate impact of lab system changes to integrated systems areas (i.e. trending system, MES, etc).
- Collaborate/liase with appropriate laboratory, manufacturing, analytical support and/or site/global IT teams to ensure needs and requirements are accurate in the lab systems.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement processes to improve compliance and the efficiency of laboratory testing operations (i.e. visibility to testing queues, testing metrics monitoring, etc) to support product release, new products, and key performance indicators/lean lab metrics.
- Contribute to the development/maintenance of processes for effective communication/visual dashboards for lab system work in progress and tracking team metrics.
- Assist with compiling/tracking team metrics.
- Author, revise, and/or review procedural documents, such as SOPs and WIs and contribute to the development of associated training content.
- Train users and less experienced staff on use of lab systems.
- Provide ad hoc support to users for issues/questions on the lab system.
- Communicate technical issues and activity status updates to team members/direct management.
- Process user account requests for system access.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on lab system functionality and apply functionality to improve system use and ensure efficient user experience within the systems.
- Participate on/Lead teams in support of business process improvements/operational excellence.
- Assist with management of the day to day activities and prioritization of work, as business needs require.
- Present information at group/department meetings.
- Provide support for internal compliance and regulatory agency inspections as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to complete assignments within defined time constraints.
- Ability to execute changes in the lab system independently, proactively identify problems, troubleshoot issues, and develop potential solutions.
- Respond to system issues and troubleshoot to identify cause.
- Ability to interpret and apply cGMPs, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
- Ability to exercises judgment and makes sound decisions within broadly defined practices and policies.
- Apply appropriate notification to management as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train and assist other less experienced individuals
- Skills/Competencies: Ability to take initiative and prioritize objectives from multiple projects; adhere to scheduled timelines while maintaining flexibility, independently or as part of a team.
- Self-directed with a high degree of professional integrity, very organized, and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, attention to detail, and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are essential. Must contribute to a team based, collaborative and positive environment, clarity of purpose and high commitment to business goals.
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
- Education: Minimum B.S. degree in a relevant scientific, computer or engineering program area with at least 2 to 4 years experience.
- Experience/Knowledge: Advanced knowledge and in depth understanding of analytical techniques preferred.
- Proficiency using and configuring objects within Empower is highly desireable
- Additional experience with laboratory software such as LES, LIMS, MODA, CIMS, etc. and understanding of system interfaces and impact of changes to each other are desired.
- Proficient/Advanced knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Applications (Access, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, Word) and/or other relevant software programs.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jane Bautista | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.