IT Technical Director
IT Technical Director
Job Number: 19-06514
Job Number: 19-06514
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for an IT Technical Director for our client in Charlotte, NC.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Technical Director will manage day-to-day network operations, project work, and the evolution of network architecture. They will manage the day-to-day activities of the full-time network engineers as well as any offshore staff augmentation. The Technical Director will develop a strong understanding of the business, and infuse that context of care and advocacy to their work. Every technical team member is responsible to protect the application experience for our customers and to put that above our own technical priorities and preference. Ideal candidate will have incredibly high standards for performance quality and transparency, with the ability to deep dive (hands-on) into technical operations.
- Deliver extremely high levels of uptime for the SaaS product environment
- Assist developers with product development and enhancement
- Assist server, middleware, and database teams with environment implementation & troubleshooting
- Deliver extremely high levels of uptime for network and voice services
- Develop a strong reputation as an effective communicator
- Creating awareness around project work and planned maintenance
- Providing useful information to various audiences during incident management
- Translating technical priorities into business value / risk statements
- Manage change effectively
- Execute planned changes operational excellence with appropriate planning, communication, risk mitigation testing, and post change validation
- Orchestrate all moderate & high risk change activities with a live bridge line, screen sharing, and providing an ongoing business impact assessment throughout change execution
- Respond to incidents (break/fix activities, communication, coordination) with an appropriate level of urgency and detail
- Ensure network management and troubleshooting tooling provides appropriate capability to diagnose communication, performance and functional problems
- Ensure daily review of all config backup failures
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing, execution evaluation, and solutioning to improve capabilities
- Staff Development
- Meet weekly with each team member to prioritize work, address barriers, and understand challenges faced by each individual
- Maintain individual development plans that drive technical, professional, and personal development
- Provide input to quarterly performance review discussions and make recommendations regarding compensation
- Maintain on-call schedule, expectations, and procedures
- Vendor Management
- Improve outcomes for all network service and support providers
- Remove operational friction between internal network engineers and service providers
- Find opportunities to connect professional service and managed service engineers
- Develop a talent for working with offshore providers and personnel
- Perform ongoing review of technology support levels and delivery quality and make recommendations for vendor support changes as needed
- Effectively escalate incident response needs with service providers. This person has to be able to identify and leverage appropriate management levels (duty managers, sales contacts, executive peers) adequately respond to high impact events
- Review all service renewals for accuracy and value
- Understand the technical landscape (Application development, data management, infrastructure, compliance)
- Develop a plan to simplify the technical environment.
- Make services easier for the development organization to consume
- Reduce technical debt
- Identify and reduce unnecessary complexity
- Reduce overlapping technology & variety
- Propose & justify improvement initiatives
- Develop strong scope definitions for internal and external project outcomes
- Partner with Security Operations (SecOps) to improve our ability to reduce security risk and improve overall security posture & capabilities (Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond, and Recover)
- Understand SecOps priorities and challenges
- Identify security gaps or concerns
- Co-develop cross functional resource teams to address security priorities
- Respond to all audit requests with proper urgency and political awareness
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, IT or other related IT/health field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical multi-discipline management.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in technical leadership, preferably within healthcare.
- Ability to foster teamwork while leading and directing the work of others.
- Demonstrated knowledge and current hands-on skills with networking, routing and IT service management.
- Proven effective leadership skills with teams of 10.
- Requires leadership skills, judgment, creativity, and comprehensive knowledge of the field.
- Ability to manage problems and build collaborative relationships.
- Ability to drive strategic direction.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jeanine Hastings | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.