IT Systems Analyst
IT Systems Analyst
Job Number: 20-07537
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for an IT Systems Analyst for our client in Liverpool, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Operates as part of a team performing proactive monitoring and support of 24x7 critical network, server and operating system infrastructures.
- Under the general supervision of the Manager of Client Monitoring Operations, the IT Analyst will be responsible for identifying and responding to system generated alerts in a timely manner to ensure system integrity.
- Monitor the systems and network by responding to problems reported by system alarms, changes in network performance indicators or calls from clients.
- Analyze all relevant data pertinent to problems and initiate corrective action.
- Perform network systems control, surveillance, alarm interpretation, problem identification and resolution.
- Act as a liaison between internal clients and external service providers.
- Control, monitor and direct all activities on the network including preventative maintenance, trouble shooting, and restoration of services.
- Monitor EMS & Client, respond to events and initiate resolution activities including contacting support personnel and coordinating contact between internal support groups and vendors.
- Respond to system exceptions and internal customer requests.
- Associate degree or 2-4 years' experience in telecommunications or 5+ years in Data Center Operations or 2+ years in the Client (at least 1 of these required).
- Technical education including courses in; electronics, telecommunications, networking (WANS & LANS), Ethernet, SONET multiplex equipment, microwave radio, multiplex channel equipment, routers, bridges, hubs, etc. with job related experience.
- 2-4 years' experience in supporting mission critical systems in a high-profile environment (Client preferred) with knowledge of system technologies, monitoring tools and processes present in a 24x7 365 support environment.
- Strong background in telecommunications, Operations and Enterprise monitoring systems.
- Experience with SCADA systems and/or Security System monitoring.
- Strong basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated experience in analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making.
- Strong working knowledge of Wintel, UNIX or Linux desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Maria Castañeda | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.