IT - Software Engineer Software Engineer
IT Software Engineer
Job Number: 21-05796
Join the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for an IT Software Engineer for our client in McLean, VA.
Eclaro’s client is an industry-leading managed service provider that works with multinational hospitality clients to enable an integrated approach to analyze and manage external talent on a global basis. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Worked as Lead Hadoop Developer
- Will be responsible for writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Will write MapReduce/Scala jobs
- Hadoop development, implementation and support
- Loading from disparate data sets
- Pre-processing using Hive
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design
- Perform analysis of vast data stores and uncover insights
- Maintain security and data privacy
- Well versed in HDP/AWS architecture.
- High-speed querying
- Propose best practices/standards
- Assists architecture team on solution design and implementation.
- Providing assistance when technical problems arise.
- Monitoring systems to make sure they meet business requirements.
- 5-7 years of experience in Java/Scala.
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience in Hadoop programming
- Hands on experience in Java, Scala and Spark
- Hands on experience with Kafka, NiFi, AWS, Maven, Stash and Bamboo
- Hands on experience to write MapReduce jobs.
- Strong exposure in Object Oriented concepts and implementation
- Good knowledge on spark architecture.
- Good understanding of Hadoop, YARN, AWS EMR
- Familiarity with cloud database like AWS Redshift, Aurora MySQL.
- Knowledge of workflow/schedulers like Oozie or Apache AirFlow.
- Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to Big Data domain
- Proven understanding with Hadoop, HBase and Hive
- Good aptitude in multi-threading and concurrency concepts
- Open for remote position.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.