IT Security Network Engineer
IT Security Network Engineer
Job Number: 20-04994
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for an IT Security Network Engineer for our client in Santa Clara, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Analyze IP network topologies for security, technical and operational vulnerabilities and risk.
- Conduct network or networking technology assessments as well as security assessments of network and systems topologies and write assessment reports based on findings.
- Review audit logs, configurations of IP-based network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls and IDS/IPS, for security policy and deployment guideline compliance, operating system and security patch updates, configuration baseline.
- Provide recommendations to architecture and design reviews.
- Provide insight into latest threats and countermeasures
- Evaluate network operations using network management platforms, auditing functions, and log reviews.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Provide recommendations for end-to-end technical analysis.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline is desired. Alternatives to a technical degree are a combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Experience working on MPLS and TCP/IP networking projects and demonstrated experience with network security principles.
- Experience with planning, configuration, implementation and maintenance of IP network products including routers, switches, wireless networking, VPN's, IDS/IPS and Firewalls.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following operating systems - Cisco and Palo Alto network.
- Demonstrated experience with communications protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, MPLS, OPSF, IGRP, BGP.
- Knowledge and experience with encryption products, methodologies, configuration.
- Knowledge and experience with Network Vulnerability Scanner, Web Scanner, and Database Scanner.
- Experience with Network Management products
- Experience with Anonymous/Privacy Internet capabilities and supporting network architecture.
- Experience with ForeScout, Digital Client and Cisco Firepower Certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Amazon Cloud Service Certification or similar cloud certification
- Knowledge of Telephony Systems and VoIP
- Virtualized Platform (VMware) experience
- Experience with Windows Server (2008R2/2012R2), Linux (Redhat/Ubuntu)
- Provide recommendations to architecture and design reviews
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.