IT Scientific Programmer
Work for a global healthcare leader. Eclaro is looking for an IT Scientific Programmer for our client in Princeton, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The IT Scientific Programmer role will fulfill rapid development requests for the scientific analytic communities within the Translational Medicine and Clinical Development domains.
- The incumbent will develop and/or contribute to the creation and implementation of Libraries, Data Preparation Tools, Data/Analytic Pipelines and/or Data/Analytic Solutions within days and weeks as opposed to months and years.
- Rapidly develop data and analytic enablement solutions based on requests received by the IT Plan and respective Business Units in the Translational and Clinical Analytic domains
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex scientific requirements to effectively communicate with users, understand their work, and translate requirements into software solutions
- Develop, optimize and test new/existing scientific analytics utilities/modules based in R, Python, Linux Shell Scripts, Matlab or other appropriate languages.
- Develop, optimize and test new/existing R, Python and/or Matlab database utilities that will automate and streamline the reading and writing of data from/to the system database
- Develop, optimize and test new/existing visualization utilities via Spotfire, R/Shiny, Python and/or Matlab that interface directly with the respective data sources
- Develop, optimize and test new R and/or Python packages based on requests received
- Enable users to leverage Auto-Scaling High Performance Computing platforms based in the Client Research Cloud (Amazon Web Services) and contribute to the following, but not limited to:
- Data Workflow/Pipeline which includes pre and post processing of data/results
- Environment Optimization of various computational solvers (e.g. CVODE, etc...)
- Where appropriate, develop, update and maintain system documentation such as user/admin guides, Installation Qualification/Operational Qualification (IQ/OQ) scripts, system/user acceptance test scripts, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) / Work Instructions (WI), requirements specifications and traceability matrices
- Partner with other functional groups when required (e.g. Infrastructure, IT Plan, IT Build/Run End-Users, etc...) during the development, testing and implementation project phases to ensure systems are delivered according to the requirement specifications and expectations
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of information management and informatics work experience within Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry and proven track record of strong delivery
- Must be proficient in programming in R, Python, Matlab, SAS, SQL or similar programming language and has developed libraries and/or packages
- Must be proficient in optimizing computational solver environments in Linux based High Performance Computing platforms
- Must possess the willingness to diversify skills and champion new innovations and solutions for the client
- Demonstrated success serving as a scientific programmer in one or more systems modeling projects in the related field
- Experience in all aspects of the software development process, including requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation, release, and maintenance
- Demonstrated success in delivering complex IT solutions following a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Must be a domain expert in the Translation Medicine and/or Clinical space within R&D
- Must be pragmatic about the tradeoffs between features, quality and timeliness
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field with extensive experience or Scientific Computing. Advanced degree
- Experience in the following:
- Amazon Web Services
- Oracle/MySQL/AWS RDS DB
- Linux Shell Scripting Linux OS
- Sun Grid Engine (or similar high-end scheduler)
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Jane Bautista at (201) 285-8622 or https://www.linkedin.com/in/froilyn-jane-bautista-88751612a or send your resume to Jane@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.