IT - Data Engineer Data Engineer
Job Number: 21-10485
Join the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for a Data Engineer for our client in McLean, VA.
Eclaro’s client is an industry-leading managed service provider that works with multinational hospitality clients to enable an integrated approach to analyze and manage external talent on a global basis. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Designs, modifies, develops, and implements solutions for ingesting, provisioning and securing data in our Lake (S3), Warehouse (Redshift) and Marts (Redshift and MySQL) using Scala, Apache Spark, Hive, Apache Pig, MapReduce, AWS Data Pipeline, AWS Glue, AWS EMR and Apache Kafka plus nice to have some exposure or experience with Informatica and Talend.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Requires 5-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a manager.
- Hands on experience in Java, Scala and Spark
- Hands on experience with Kafka, NiFi, AWS.
- Hands on experience using Maven, Jira, Stash and Bamboo
- Hands on experience to write MapReduce jobs.
- Experience in Talend is a plus
- AWS or Spark certification is a plus
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.