Job Number: 21-09212
Job Number: 21-09212
Be part of the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for an Investment Accountant for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client is one of the world's largest reinsurance firms, providing Property & Casualty, Life and Health Insurance to its clients. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Investment Accountant, under the supervision and tutelage of the Manager, Investments Accounting, will gather investment information, post journal entries and reconcile data relating to the corporation's investment portfolios.
- The candidate will co-ordinate with third parties and be responsible for maintaining an up to date database of the corporation's investment data.
- The candidate will possess a demonstrated level of investment accounting knowledge.
- The candidate will produce reconciliations for investment data across multiple informational platforms.
- The candidate will post all investment related journal entries into the general ledger and ensure the timely and accurate reconciliation of the same.
- Additionally, the candidate will assist in the reconciliation of investment data from IFRS basis to statutory basis.
- The candidate will adhere to all internal accounting processes and internal controls are maintained in order to ensure the accuracy and quality of financial information contained in the financial statements. Additionally, the candidate will fulfill data requests as assigned.
- The candidate will work closely with investment managers and other third parties.
- The candidate will be required to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The candidate will adhere to strict timelines and communicate clearly and concisely with colleagues and third parties.
- Calculating and posting journal entries relating to investment holding and income
- General ledger account reconciliations
- Reconciling custody statements to general ledger
- Reconciliations across different informational platforms. (GAAP, STAT and IFRS, etc.)
- Quarterly and year end reporting
- Monthly IFRS closing process
- Maintain, investigate and correct differences between investment accounts within the various platforms
- Assist the Investment Supervisor and a VP of Finance, Investments & General Accounting in producing deliverables for Budgeting process, Board of Director's Meetings and other presentations and research
- Adhering to timelines set in closing calendar
- Manage special projects and hands-on ad hoc requests outside the day-to-day operations
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience
- Work experience with investment accounting (US GAAP and IFRS)
- Statutory investment accounting knowledge a plus
- Experience in the investment and/or insurance industry
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Explorer
- Proficiency with a major general ledger system (SAP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic workplace setting adhering to strict timelines
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Kath Torres | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.