|Reference # :||17-05495||Title :||Internal Auditor|
|Location :||newark, NJ|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||06/08/2017|
Start your career in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for an Internal Auditor for our client in Newark, NJ.
Eclaro's client is a global bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking and treasury services across more than 70 countries worldwide. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Internal Auditor is responsible for the execution of independent loan reviews as a team Leader under the guidance of the Senior Credit Audit Manager. The purpose of the loan review is to assess the credit quality of the US portfolio and effectiveness of the credit risk management practices of the first and second lines of defense.
• Act as Team Leader in executing loan reviews. This includes managing all phases of the reviews as well as performing Credit Grade assessments.
• Assistance with Policy & Procedure development to govern the loan review program
• Assistance with additional projects necessary for the sound execution and operation of the newly formed loan review function.
• Continuous Monitoring of the US loan portfolio, to include MIS review, credit file reviews, drafting of reports for submission to regulators and the Bank's various risk committees. Raise issues outside of formal reviews when needed.
• Support the Senior Credit Audit Manager in all matters related to credit risk, including contributing to the GIA risk assessment and development of an appropriate credit review and audit plan.
• Support the Senior Credit Audit Manager and support the GIA RHOA in the execution of Loan Review plan.
• Act as Team Leader on various Loan Reviews and act as Continuous Monitoring officer on all assigned portfolios. This includes planning, execution and reporting of Loan Reviews, Continuous Monitoring activities, and any Special Projects assigned.
• Apply credit analysis expertise to perform credit file reviews to assess accuracy of credit grades by conducting an independent underwriting.
• Identify deficiencies in the application of the Bank's Credit Risk Management Framework.
• Ensure early identification and escalation of risks, issues, trends and developments to relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure that assigned audit work is executed in an efficient and effective manner, within the given budget and timelines, and in line with GIA methodology standards.
• Apply expert auditing skills and relevant business, technical and risk management knowledge to the assigned audits.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the business, within GIA.
Regulatory and business conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters, consistent with GIA's role.
Technical: A seasoned audit team leader with credit analysis experience and experience in loan review/ audit of credit risk.
• Credit analysis:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.