Integration Network/Systems Engineer
Integration Network/Systems Engineer
Job Number: 19-11902
Kick start your career in Financial Services. Eclaro is looking for a Integration Network/Systems Engineer for our client in Austin, TX.
Eclaro’s client is one of the largest Insurance Brokerage and Consulting Firms in the United States. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The focus of this position is to implement Office integration, Email migration, and Move projects for client.
- Network Engineer:
- Configurations knowledge of Switches, Routers, Firewalls, and other miscellaneous network hardware and related equipment
- Understanding of LAN Switching at L2 and LAN/WAN Routing at L3
- Understanding of LAN to LAN VPNs including legacy MPLS and SD WAN
- Understanding of Perimeter Security (Firewall & IDS)
- Ability to clearly document network topology using Visio
- Maintain equipment inventory and understand best practices on networking and server equipment in regards to patching and life cycle management
- Manage and maintain documentation of all systems and processes in scope
- Plan, execute, and maintain system security initiatives and the reporting of events relating to the security of the infrastructure.
- Systems Engineer:
- Installing, configuring, maintaining Windows Server operating systems, application software, and system management tools
- Travel to various offices to conduct Site surveys and document hardware systems, software, and infrastructure.
- Be able to define the work effort necessary to bring these systems onto the client Network.
- Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability and security
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and business continuity strategies
- Ability to understand how an application is supported by a vendor and determine upgrade plans for unsupported platforms
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016 and Windows 10 configuration and troubleshooting
- Migrate computers onto the corporate network and restore applications and end user data
- Strong ability to organize and manage multiple tasks utilizing effective time management skills
- 10+ years' experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows operating system, Windows Server, Active Directory, and GPOs
- Works effectively with all levels of internal technology team, end-users, management, and 3rd party vendors
- Professional attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong customer service focus
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations in a professional manner
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of applications
- Experience with virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Understanding of monitoring systems (PRTG, Solarwinds, Nagios)
- Ability to work with a Distributed team and communicate with team members effectively
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Microsoft Exchange and O365 migration knowledge is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with Outlook, Excel, and Word. Microsoft Project, Visio, and PowerPoint expertise is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and the ability to migrate applications to Azure is a plus.
- Ability to lead projects and organize a team
- Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, install networking equipment up to 50 lbs.
- 4-year Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Computer engineering, or related field preferred.
- 8+ years' experience in Systems administration or consulting role in a Microsoft, Cisco, or Fortinet based infrastructure
- 8+ years' experience executing infrastructure projects as primary technical lead
- 8+ years' experience managing firewall, security, and intrusion prevention solutions
- License / Certification:
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: A+ or equivalent, Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco CCNA, Network+, Security+, Fortinet or similar.
- Candidate locations can be in Charlotte, NC, Bethesda, MD, Austin, TX, New York City, New Jersey
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Rita Dennis | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.