Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of organization's infrastructure. This includes the product suite, which can run across multiple private data centers or in public cloud.
- This role on the diagnostics team is supporting the organization's application's network and servers.
- We need someone eager to learn new tech, a quick learner and someone not afraid to get their hands dirty in the details.
- You will interface daily with the infrastructure development team.
- An innate desire to fully understand the whole picture down to the minute details
- Demonstrated curiosity to imaginatively think through scenarios that affect end users, brainstorm and discuss with team members
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills and associated problem-solving skills is required.
- Strong communication and language skills are required
- Strong interpersonal skills - will work in close-knit, small teams.
- Must bring a "support the team" attitude, while balancing against defending high quality experiences for the end-user
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment
- Ability to work non-business hours due to the nature of network support
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet project deadlines
- Must be self-motivated and work well with other groups
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience required
- Networking Skills
- Good understanding of Control Plane and Data Plane architecture in Networking Devices
- Demonstrable familiarity with Openflow and/or (Software Defined Networking) SDN technologies
- You must be willing to perform first level support, diagnostics and repair of the network in a production, real-time, 24x7 environment
- Linux/Server Skills
- Understanding of Yum and RPM and how to create application repositories and synchronization of application repos
- Ability to provision bare-metal installs, configure, operate and maintain systems
- Data Center Skills
- Switch, port. VLANs administration and support
- Network troubleshooting and packet traffic analysis
- Troubleshoot and replace servers, blades, disk when required
- Some experience with networking
- Ability to work with vendors to diagnose and fix issues
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- Experience in Networks and Systems, IPv4 and IPv6 (Routing, Switching, Security, QOS)
- Experience in TCP/IP and standard protocols - ARP, DHCP, GRE, BGPv4, IS-IS etc.
- Experience with firewalls and security configuration
- Strong experience in various Linux OS's
- Strong experience with Linux administration, performance tuning and support, patching, upgrading
- Strong experience with server administration and configuration
- Experience with Ansible configuration management tool
- Demonstrable experience shell scripting (bash/ksh, PERL, Python)
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios
- Experience using Client OpenView/BTO, Netcool, MOM, etc.
- Experience monitoring batch processes, server performance, cooling, UPS, PDU health
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Lea Enriquez at Lea.Enriquez@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.