Information Systems Engineer II
Information Systems Engineer II
Job Number: 21-04863
Job Number: 21-04863
Make your mark where innovation is the rule. Our client is looking for an Information Systems Engineer II in Reston, VA.
Eclaro’s client is a leading educational non-profit, committed to advancing educational opportunities around the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Collaborate with Senior Engineers to design, build and deploy systems to improve workforce productivity
- Integrate, engineer and optimize cloud-based services
- Deploy best practices within the team to improve quality, reduce risk, increase security, promote efficiency and reuse, and minimize costs
- Analyze business needs that align with cloud-hosted features in support of workforce productivity and collaboration
- Interact with and integrate diverse cloud services using Web APIs
- Work Senior Engineers to help architect and document designs using best practices with a focus on security
- Perform cloud administration functions and ensuring appropriate availability of services
- Integrate and implement cloud services in support of workforce efficiency and automation
- Provide operational support for all SaaS components
- Maintain a thorough understanding of existing and emerging cloud-based technologies to drive collaboration, productivity, and an improved user experience.
- Problem Solving & Innovation:
- Identifies problems that affect departmental effectiveness or flow of work to other areas
- Solicits perspectives and ideas from others to resolve problems
- As appropriate, recommend changes in work functions, systems or procedures; proposes and helps implement improvement experiments using modern engineering design methods
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Identifies corrective actions
- Effectively communicates specialized information about programs, operations or services to varied audiences; fosters a high trust culture
- Makes formal presentations
- Conceptualizes and writes varied materials informing constituents of various products and services
- Reads, digests and summarizes large quantities of complex data
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects
- Represent the team
- Establishes networks across work streams enabling work to progress forward
- Shares job knowledge and provides solutions
- Makes meaningful contributions to projects and engineering initiatives
- Takes initiative, anticipates and provides insight into project roadmaps in support of both individual and group goals
- Interacts closely with senior technical team members
- Customer Service & Support:
- Seeks direct feedback from customers to determine program, product or service effectiveness
- Recommends new ways to promote programs, products and services in response to customer suggestions
- Participates in setting and meeting customer service standards and priorities
- Shares information received through direct customer contacts with other departments or divisions to enhance overall organization effectiveness
- Leadership & Decision Making:
- Effectively delegates tasks to others and is accountable for quality of results
- Establishes clear expectations regarding work assignments and communicates constructive feedback on a regular basis
- Provides constructive guidance and coaching to other staff within the work unit, as appropriate
- Independently makes decisions that affect achievement of assigned objectives, consistent with professional standards
- Project or Process Management:
- Contributes to the development of program or project planning and budgeting
- Delegates work to appropriate staff, establishes priorities and monitors status, preparing regular progress reports
- Brokers resolutions to problems in meeting deadlines and with conflicting priorities
- Job Knowledge:
- Knowledgeable in all areas within functional scope of responsibilities
- Applies education, training and experience in a particular occupation to perform professional responsibilities independently
- Uses in-depth knowledge of Client programs, products or services to meet constituent needs effectively. (we can cut this out of the job description)
- Prepares analysis of cost, available material and staff resources and anticipated revenues
- Employ reviews to reduce cycle time and maintain quality
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS
- 4-6 years of experience in software systems, programming, and infrastructure development and administration
- Understanding of cloud computing, especially Azure services
- Experience in monitoring. Be proactive to identify problems before they happen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, able to collaborate and rally support
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to work with a diverse set of colleagues
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving skills, critical thinking and testing skills
- Self-starter with the ability to set priorities, work independently, and attain goals
- Ethos of continuous improvement and interest in learning new things
- Strong ability to understand and internalize the big picture and broader implications
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and O365 administration
- Experience with writing scripts or applications to automate repetitive business processes.
- Experience with using Power Automate a plus.
- Experience using ServiceNow and Atlassian a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile-Scrum environment.
If interested, you may contact:
Carlo Flores | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.