Industrial Mechanical Technician
Join the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for an Industrial Mechanical Technician for our client in Wixom, MI. This is a contract position located at our client's site.
Eclaro's client is a leading component manufacturer with a portfolio of oil and gas, chemicals, plastics, performance products, agricultural products and fine chemicals. Their customer base includes many diverse industries and markets, including pharmaceutical, aerospace, textile, construction and automotive industries. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Performs tasks per schedule or repairs to equipment from breakdowns as required.
- Demonstrates a team oriented demeanor conducive to all Client goals
- Maintain good attendance history
- Demonstrates basic verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills
- Interacts effectively within and outside the team/work group
- Works in a safe manner and adheres to all safety regulations
- Demonstrates a team-oriented behavior in daily tasks
- Exercises safe work practices and housekeeping
- Receives regular supervision
- Works within established work routines and instructions
- Some work is crane assisted and performed at elevated heights
- Works with maintenance supervision, other technicians, engineers and production personnel to design plant equipment and modifications
- Improve equipment reliability by maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting and utilizing all resources available. Findings reported to supervision with appropriate recommendations
- Support, maintain and improve preventive maintenance and Mechanical Integrity Program to insure equipment reliability
- 24 hour / 365 day on-call support for production demands. Willingness to work overtime, on-call, after hours and weekends when needed
- Actively participate in plant safety meetings. Works within Client site and corporate procedures
- Must be team oriented, have a willingness to learn and further develop technical skills
- Must be able to utilize general shop equipment, e.g., band saw, drill press, grinders and power hand tools
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of all mechanical equipment including:
- Mechanical seals
- Gear boxes
- Drive couplings
- Welding and pipe fabrication
- High school education or equivalent required and a minimum of 5 years related industrial maintenance experience.
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Requires lifting up to 70 lbs., carrying up to 50 lbs
- Requires bending, kneeling, squatting, and crawling
- Requires wrist turning and finger manipulation
- Requires ability to climb vertical, fixed ladders with ladder cages
- Requires ability to climb portable step and extension ladders
- Requires the ability to push and pull up to 50 lbs
- Requires ability to twist, turn and reach above shoulder level
- Requires simple to firm grasping ability
- Requires ability to work within a hazardous location
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact William Perry at email@example.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.