Income Tax Consultant
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for a Income Tax Consultant for our client in Bloomington, IL.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Our Client is seeking an Income Tax Consultant to join the Income Tax Compliance team. This role will focus on ensuring compliance with all aspects of income tax reporting and filings, including SSAP 101, the Internal Revenue Code, and state/local income tax laws and regulations.
This is a broad role and will focus on ensuring compliance with all aspects of income tax reporting and filings, including SSAP 101, the Internal Revenue Code, and state/local income tax laws and regulations.
- Prepares federal and state income tax returns according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations by required deadlines.
- Calculates taxes owed according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations by required deadlines.
- Remits payment of federal and state income tax to taxing bodies by the prescribed due dates.
- Compiles monthly and quarterly tax provisions for management reporting and financial statement preparation, including applicable footnote disclosures and account reconciliations.
- Prepares necessary schedules and provides requested information in conjunction with annual financial statement audit and audit report preparation.
- Analyzes current processes and implements improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in the training and development of entry-level and senior tax accountants.
- Coordinates and reviews work of other tax accountants as assigned.
- Recommends and implements changes necessary to comply with statutory and tax requirements. Stays abreast of changes in tax accounting trends, techniques, and procedures.
- Researches and recommends proper handling of non-routine tax issues.
- Corresponds and negotiates with governmental tax agencies at a tactical level.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- College degree with major in accounting, or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Experience in life/health and/or property/casualty insurance taxation to ensure the proper filing of returns.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP and Statutory accounting principles and theories.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of federal and state tax laws and regulations.
- Detail-oriented with ability to identify problem areas and recommend corrective actions.
- Able to perform research with a high level of analytical skill and communicate the results.
- Demonstrates the ability to train, coordinate, and review various level employees' work assignments.
Interested in applying?
- CPA designation and/or advanced degree.
- 10+ years of experience in life/health, property/casualty, and/or general corporate taxation.
- Possesses extensive tax knowledge to identify complex tax issues, research solutions, and develop appropriate recommendations.
- Able to lead meetings and make presentations.
- Able to work independently to guarantee the accurate and timely completion of department tasks.
Contact Charly Vie at firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.