IMS/Mainframe Systems Specialist
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for an IMS/Mainframe Systems Specialist for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Our client is looking for an expert Mainframe administrator who has experience IMB DB/DC and Netview.
- Installing, maintaining, customizing, and debugging IBM mainframe system and subsystem software components, including primarily IMS DB/DC and Netview, and occasionally z/OS, JES2, USS, TCPIP and VTAM.
- Installing, maintaining, customizing, and debugging vendor software products including CA-View/Deliver, CA-Spool, CA-Sysview, CA-OPS/MVS, and Netview, etc.
- Developing and modifying IMS exits and source-based USERMODs, CA-View exits, JES2 exits, and other modules written in assembler language. Other HL language working knowledge is a plus, esp. COBOL.
- Debugging and maintaining home-grown REXX scripts running under IBM Tivoli Netview and CA OPS/MVS, which is serving the 24x7 systems and subsystems automation, z/OS IPL and shutdown automation and other automated events.
- Evaluating new software products and releases, and developing project plans.
- Evaluating existing software products and procedures for potential improvements.
- Providing technical support to the in-house IMS DBA, Data Center operations and application programmers.
- Monitoring systems' performance and availability, primarily IMS. That includes also the collection of IMS performance statistics, using TMON or other monitors. (Some home-grown programming is required).
- Ensuring that procedural documentation is current, including authoring and editing software and operational procedures.
- On call availability to support system emergencies primarily for IMS and systems automation.
- Participate in and support scheduled disaster recovery and business continuity exercises.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting IMS on the Client mainframe system.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have strong mainframe software installation skills (SMP/E, internet downloads of software and fixes), dump reading, diagnostic techniques, and systems performance analysis understanding.
- Assembler language coding is a must. REXX and SAS coding experience are also highly preferred.
- Experience with one or more of the following printing and viewing software is preferred: CA-View, CA-Deliver, PSF, $AVRS, and CA-Spool.
- Must also have a good understanding of system automation controlled by IBM Tivoli-Netview, and CA OPS/MVS, including timer operations, message trapping (MPF, DSITBL) and flow, writing and debugging of REXX code running under Netview and CA OPS/MVS, as well as day-to-day automation problem tracking and resolution.
- IMS is a business critical environment because it is required by the Customer Information System (CIS) which accommodates customer billing and records management and also Emergency Control System (ECS) which a critical component of the Gas Emergency ticketing system.
- DB2 system admin experience.
Interested in applying? Interested candidates may contact Rhosiel Anne at 201-3759082 or send their resume to email@example.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.