IBM Mainframe Hardware Engineer/Storage Administrator
|Reference # :||16-10860||Title :||IBM Mainframe Hardware Engineer/Storage Administrator|
|Location :||Fair Lawn, NJ|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||12/25/2016|
|Eclaro International is currently recruiting for a IBM Mainframe Hardware Engineer/Storage Administrator for one of our financial services clients.|
• Create standards for supported systems
• Automate processes using VMWare Automation tools
• Create documentation and SOP's
• Full support of Windows 2008/2012 OS
• Provide server architectural support to application owners
• Server platform design
• Provide Level 3 Operations Support
• Interaction with Service Center, Network Control Center and other business support areas for problem escalations, resolutions, reporting and coordination.
• Manage system performance, reliability and availability to service level agreements.
• Ensure that hardware and application security and controls meet or exceed guidelines.
• Interface for End User Computing Audits of managed systems.
• Develop, manage and maintain a comprehensive disaster recovery plan for all managed systems.
• Design rollouts of system enhancements and upgrades.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline preferred.
• 8-12 years of relevant work experience.
• Required Key Skills (Must Have):
o Hands on experience in a GDPS, Global Mirror, Metro Mirror, HiperSwap environment.
o Thorough knowledge and expertise with HCD in a large scale enterprise environment with numerous CECs across multiple locations
o Knowledge of Brocade SAN equipment and associated management tools (Brocade Network Advisor)
o Experience installing and configuring IBM Mainframes, Virtual Tape systems, and DS8000 DASD.
o Strong overall technical leadership skills
• Additional Desired Skills:
o REXX Programming skills
o Knowledge of dataset structures. (PDS, PDSE, GDG, VSAM, etc.)
o Experience Administering DFSMS policies and constructs
o Knowledge and experience with IBM Flashcopy process
o Knowledge of FDR/ABR and DFDSS
o Experience with CA1 Tape Management Software
o Experience with Softek TDMF
o Working knowledge and advanced understanding of automated tape libraries
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available?
Are you open to sponsorship?
Are there flexible work hours?
Is there a possibility to work remote?
This position is:
Is there a bonus structure?
Is there equity?
Does this position have direct reports?